Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Change in plans

I had thought that finishing this room would be simple. That's what happens when I think without thinking. I know it blurry. It's do to having a bad camera and not enough natural light in the room. I think. This is the room we have started to put together for Dave and I to move into. We thought it would be almost finished by the time my mom came. But we've had a change in plans. I'm leaving next week (on Monday) to fly to Florida. Hopefully if the packing goes well, we will be out of there on Tuesday. I don't think that will happen though. I think it will probably be Wednesday before we are off. You might say I'm stressing out about it. The kids and I spent 9 hours in the basement cleaning and hauling out junk so we have a place to store her household. I then took a hot bath and went to sleep at 8pm.
Today I started to clean the bathroom closet. Part way through I stepped on a broken light bulb. Ouch. It took 45 minutes to find the tweezers and anouther half hour to get the guts to pull out the sliver of glass. I haven't been back in the torn apart bathroom since. I then started to rip apart the kitchen and wash cupboard down. Then of course everyone wanted lunch because I was in the kitchen. Do they really need to be fed, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, and a snack everyday? I left that mess and proceeded to put up the rest of the Christmas decorations. I didn't get far because I couldn't find any little nails and Dave get VERY upset when I use the big ones. I then left that mess and started to read blogs. Then I decided to do a post. Because that is easier than dealing with real life. I think I'm ADD. I also wished that I hadn't cleaned my bedroom closet already because now it empty when all I want to do is go in there and bury myself in junk so I can be alone. I really want to be alone right now.

Anyway, this next picture is of the stairs in the room that we are starting to fix up. They are very steep. No, I did not paint anything on the stairs or walls in this picture. We are really struggling as to how to fix the stairs here. They can't be changed because of where they are located and there is not a different place to put them. I think will just replace broken boards and repaint. And put in a sturdy hand rail on either side to catch us when we fall.
I think that this is the smallest Christmas tree we have ever had. I think it 6 feet. Usually we have an 8 footer. The girls decorated the tree this year very well. They had fun. We sang songs and they fought about who got to hang what. Apparently Chrissy has more ornaments that Marian. This is a problem in there world. And I still haven't bought one Christmas presant. NOT ONE. Have Mercy! (Chrissy is watching Full House)
So next week you won't hear from me at all. Mom and I will be driving with her dog from Florida to Maine. Wish us both luck and pray that I get this mess I've created cleaned up!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

KimberlyDi said...

I'm wishing you the best of luck next week. I'll miss you while you are gone. Be Safe!

FishermansDaughter said...

The tree looks great. I haven't started Christmas shopping yet either. You guys will get used to the steep steps. Good luck and God speed.

Mama Goose said...

Our stairs are incredibly steep too, but I haven't fallen yet! (Even without a handrail) Your tree is beautiful. Good luck next week. I'll be thinking about you!