Monday, December 8, 2008

My imagination runneth away


Last night the wind howled. And howled and howled and howled. I stayed up until 11 pm and when I was brushing my teethe to go to bed, I decided to give myself a pedicure. Or at least try to scrape the inch or so of dead skin off my heels so my husband doesn't cringe when I slide in bed with him. So by the time I hauled my sorry arse up over the stairs and checked on the children it was 12am.


I crawled into bed and as I started to drift I could hear creaking and moaning. That's not unusual in a house this old, so I tried to ignore it and go to sleep. But sleep wouldn't come because the noise kept coming back. I was really tired and that sound was driving me crazy. I couldn't tell where it was coming from. Was it the attic or the kids room? Wait now it sounds like the basement or maybe the front of the barn. So I get up and have to find something to wear cause evidently the laundry fairy forgot to do laundry again and if there was an axe murderer in the house I didn't want to have someone find me hacked up in my bra and panties. That is important somehow.

So I go in the girls room and nothing. I go in the babies room and nothing. I go back in my room and Dave is sleeping like a rock. Why can't he hear this! I try to poke him to get him up but he 's down for the count. I go down stairs and look around and then to the basement. Nope nothing. I'm still hearing the noise! I get brave and grab a wiffle ball bat and head for the barn. (It's attached to the house) I start to do a walk through but you can't pay me enough to be out there after dark so I come back inside. By now I'm freezing cold and scared shit less. I crawl back into bed and lie there. Just as I'm getting ready to really poke Dave to wake him up I hear the noise again. I get up open our window and there flappin in the wind and up against the house are our Christmas lights. Mystery solved. Time? 3:45am. Mood today? Very Tired. I hope everyone else is having a better day!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

UGH! Kudos to you for at least trying to stay girly though. Hope He appreciates it!

Anonymous said...

That is my favorite picture ever, of the dog and Dane...