Saturday, December 13, 2008

Please, No More Changes!

A week ago Friday we went to a model train exhibit. The kids had a great time. I was bored out of my mind after the first thirty seconds. I just can't help it. I don't understand the attraction of these things. I mean they are okay but to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on this stuff is crazy. I asked one gapped toothed gentleman what his wife thought of his hobby and he replied," Oh, I ain't had no wiife since 1986." Yes I put two i's in on purpose. You have to say it like that to get the whole effect. I also didn't find it hard to believe that he wasn't married. He went on to say when his place burnt a few years back that his trains were insured for thirty six THOUSAND DOLLARS! Can you imagine?
Anyway, our youngest daughter had to be shown the do not touch sign more than the other kids. I asked her why she kept touching the trains and she said," I have an inquiring mind." Okay than.



We accomplished quite a bit today. This is the attic before. Most of that insulation had to be replaced and all of that got done today. Plus the high hats got placed. Now for some electrical and drywall. I'm hoping Dave has time while I'm gone to finish the room, do the laundry, take care of the kids, feed the kids, school the kids and go to work. Ha Ha Ha Hee Hee Hee! Oh and keep the house clean.



The worse thing to happen today was I got up thinking this day was going to be easy peasy lemon squeezey. Right after that Dave informed me that I should move our furniture into the girls room. What!? No!!!! But that he explained that this way my mom can have her room set up right away and our stuff will be right next to the room we will be going in. Less shuffling of furniture this way. This would have been good to know, say this past Tuesday. Sooo I pulled and tugged and threw away all day today. The only thing I couldn't fit into the girls room was my chest. I will have to put it in the babies room for now. I still can't believe how much furniture I crammed into that bedroom. I still can't believe I have to share a room with the girls for the next few weeks! Darn that sucks. I was going to take pictures but my batteries are dead. So tomorrow I will, I hope, and post what the room looks like.


On other fronts, Maine, New Hampshire, Mass and who knows where else got hammered with an ice storm. We were very lucky and it passed by my town! So many are without power and right now it's 7 degrees above zero. Not to mention the wind chill factor. A few of my bloggy friends were hit and I've heard from Nell but still haven't heard from fisherman's daughter. So if your into praying or whatever please send good thoughts out for those who are in need and for the power companies to get the lines up and working. Thanks....




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

A model train exhibit? Yeah, I don't think I would've lasted very long either. You're a strong woman.

noble pig said...

Hi, I am laughing so hard at your puking tendencies...I'm sorry...but it makes for a good story!

Glad the ice storm passed you by, I saw pictures and wow, quite the dousing of ice/snow.

FishermansDaughter said...

"oh I ain't had no wiife since 1986." After a week without power (still in the dark)I SO needed a laugh and this cracked me up. Thanks for that and soliciting prayers - eyes brimming - so sweet.