Tuesday, December 9, 2008

R.I.P.

We have a murderer amongst us. His name is Butterscotch the cat who is walking on a thin line right now.
We had been moving the fish from room to room to keep the cat away from them. Yesterday afternoon the girls went upstairs and found the tank knocked over. We found Raspberry on the floor and immediately ministered CPR and got him back into water. His tail was missing but he was alive. The girls took turns holding vigil until bedtime. He ate and he swam around the best he could but we knew he wouldn't last and when I got up this morning he had passed. So we flushed him to the fish bowl in the sky. For some reason Delta Dawn is stuck in my head now.
We never found Blueberry.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

KimberlyDi said...

I'm so sorry! It's hard to lose a pet. You take responsibility for their lives and it feels like you've failed somehow.

The cat is the guilty one. Guilty for being a cat. It's their nature.

carsick said...

It's hard to stay mad at the cat. I feel like the worst pet owner! The poor fish were helpless. I cried half the night.

FishermansDaughter said...

Aw - that sucks. RIP fishies. RIP.

Mama Goose said...

I bet they're up there in the heavenly fishbowl partying with our Frank. RIP.

Anonymous said...

Delta Dawn is stuck in your head because your fixtures say "Delta" on them, Edith...