Monday, December 1, 2008

Stuck in the car

Hi, I just want to say, "It's good to be back!" For anyone that doesn't know what that means, that's okay, it's not important. What's important is I'm back and writing about our lives. Not that they are important or special, "only to me," but just to get it out.
My brother came up with the name to my new blog. At first I was like no way hose and then when I thought about it I was like YEAH. I do puke a lot. I can't even swing. This is one of those trips that I wish we hadn't taken. My husband drives all over the state for his job and a few weeks ago I decided that we all needed to go with him to get out of the house. Since we home school we can just pack up and go on pretty much a whim. Only this day I did NO ADVANCE PLANNING. Not even asking where he was going. We ended up going westofeastbumfuck with no place to get out. Not even for a lunch. We had nasty sandwiches from a gas station. Never eat tuna from a gas station. The picture above shows how you feel after you've done this. You have to lay on the dirty floor of the van and beg to be put out of your misery. And do you know what happens to a little butt that has sat in a car seat most of the day!!!!???? IT'S NOT PRETTY!
Oh yeah, back to my brother, thank you for being older than me and always shoving the puke bucket under my head right before I puked. Or shoving my head out the window of a moving car so I could barf down the side of it. That's important stuff. I'm so glad that I was the youngest. But feel vindicated because I have been paid back twofold since two of your nieces have terrible motion sickness and I have cleaned up more puke than you. I think.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mama Goose said...

Welcome back!!! :)

carsick said...

Thank you.....

Anonymous said...

You're welcome. Even if you don't count dog puke, I am sure that I've cleaned up way more puke than you have. Just from working in a bar for a while, and not counting helping care for the terminal.

Hell, just counting MY OWN puke I'm sure I've cleaned up more puke than you.

Oh, and ever since the car accident like 14 years ago, I get these wonderful unpredictable periods of vertigo - imagine FEELING like puking, WISHING you COULD puke, but not being able to. For hours and hours...

carsick said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww your so graphic. But I know I got you beat, I puked for 9 months straight 3 different times. So there.

KimberlyDi said...

My girl scout leader lost my motion sickness medication. I drove with her on the way back and ralphed into a bucket. I bet she never lost medication again.

Welcome back!

FishermansDaughter said...

HORRAYYYYY!!! *doing a VERY silly dance* Missed you and glad you're back.

Bummer about the puking - ew.