Thursday, January 8, 2009

Now everyone else has a cold


I finally am feeling more human today. I thought I could loaf one more day before I got back in the swing of things. But as I was showering Chrissy came hauling ass in the bathroom and puked and couldn't lift the lid up on the toilet seat in time. It was so pathetic. Mommy, she cried, I'll clean it up. So I let her. Just kidding.



It took me two hours to clean the bathroom. Once I got on a roll I didn't stop. Walls, windows curtains etc. Now my nose is bleached out. It's all I smell.



I wanted to really clean tomorrow but we have to go get wood. That really sucks. The wood lot is two hours from the house so we have to leave by 6am. I would let Dave go himself but if he cuts off a limb or a tree falls and crushes him he'll need someone there to laugh and scream. Today I got the van stuck because I took it out back to spin on the ice and he slipped pushing me out. When he got up he said," You were laughing weren't you?" No, I lied, I wouldn't laugh at you. I guess if he reads this he'll know for sure.



I think my mom is doing better than when she first got here. Although she is cold all the time and wants the heat to maintain in the seventies. It just isn't gonna happen with a house that is this old. I tried to explain that some people we know keep their thermostat on sixty at all times. She doesn't like when I say that. She also doesn't think I discipline my kids enough. So much so that she attempts to do it herself. I'm not sure what to do about that yet. Her grand kids now stay away from her for the most part. Any ideas?

We haven't done anything else in the room. I think I'm going to explode! Sharing a room with the girls is fine but we homeschool as it is and there is not any alone time. If you know what I mean....

4 comments:

KimberlyDi said...

I think that your mother should keep her mouth shut about your parenting skills. You may need to have a few discussions with your girls to make sure that they will come to you if your mom crosses the line somewhere.

No good deed goes unpunished. :) It's the sad truth.

Anonymous said...

Oh My *od... Do you remember that time we all had to haul wood into the basement ? I think that little incident was one of the very few times dad "took off the belt"...

Anonymous said...

I am sure that she is miserable because we Mainers can be the worst after we have acclimated to a new and hotter place.

My first winter in San Francisco and I was running around in a T-shirt and jeans. Two winters later, a friend visiting from NYC over the New Year decided to rent a freaking CONVERTIBLE, and drive down to Monterey - which is beautiful and awesome beach - IN THE SUMMER. I thought I was going to die, especially on the way back, with the top-down, of course. Caught the worst cold EVER.

We did not speak again for 4 years after that.

Oh, oh, when you tell her some people keep the thermostat at 60 all the time, I figured out why she REALLY doesn't like that. When was it EVER 60 in the house growing up ?

I'm not going to say a thing about the discipline issue. OK, I'll say one thing, I can sum up that whole mess as the "Shut-up and go-away" method of parenting. Ow! I'm so bad...

FishermansDaughter said...

Wow - your kids have the right idea - about stay away from Grandma - tell her if she thinks she's cold there you know someone (me)who keeps the thermostat at 58, plastic on all the windows and dresses in layers indoors. My father's response to this day when someone says they are cold regardless of the time of year or location "Layer up buttercup!" and he's not even from the North!