Saturday, January 17, 2009

Okay, the news people lied. It is -30 outside. I bet it's even colder than that. The news said it was only -9. But I know they lie because we have 4, yes, 4 thermometers hung up outside. Not all in the same place either. As I walked the dogs I took the flashlight and read them all. The one one the front of the barn actually said -35. So there. It's truckin cold here and has been for the last few days.



Right now it's only 60 in the house. That's what happens when you buy a house that 140 years old. You sink Lot's of money into it hoping you'll be warm in the winter and you get stuck with 60. The warmest spot in the house is the hall closet. It's probably 80 in there. I think I'll grab a sleeping bag and take a nap. I'm really dragging arse today.



Did I tell you we went out last night? Yup, we did. It was the first time we have been out on a date since News Years Eve 2007. We went out with my x-step sister who I'll always call my sister and her husband. We started out with mudslides at their house and went to dinner. We had more mudslides, dinner and I paid $7.50 for a shot of Bailey's. WTF? That place wasn't moving much. It was too cold for all the drunks to come out I guess. So we went to a club that was having a retro night. There we got white Russians. They made it with Allen's. Warning, never get cheap booze. The Very gay bar tender gets angry when you bring it back and tell him it tastes like shit. He'll even tell you that you need to be more specific than that. How much more did he need? It tasted like coffee flavored cough drops. But much worse. After we got that settled we sat back to enjoy the show. The DJ was spinning 80's music and there was a movie screen playing the Wizard Of Oz. Now I haven't been to a club in more years than I can count. There were elevated stages in the corners and people dancing on them. One female couple needed to get a room. I think they were doing it for shock value, they probably were not even lesbians. I will say my husband watched them a bunch. In the other corner was a man about 50. He was dancing with a young gal in her early 20's. He danced 8 songs in a row. I counted. I thought they were going to have to get out the defibrillator. Ewwww he was all sweaty. Sorry I just wanted you to picture what I saw. And in the other corner was this man and woman. The lady had longish blond curly hair and 80's glasses. She had on a tank top and jeans. She was swinging her thang all over the place. I'd say the couple was in their 40's but I'm not sure where. The man, now he was a different story, he was thin, wearing a pair of blue jeans and a short sleeve button down shirt. What was really creepy was his facial hair and glasses. He had a beard and stash that was kept close. He just looked creepy. Pedophile creepy. The worse thing was he sang to every song! I mean like he was the singer. At one point Dave said that guy is making me uncomfortable. At that point I didn't even know he noticed that couple with all the other boobs flopping around. I said what's up with them? He said, "You know, they look like swingers." At that I laughed and asked him how he would know what swingers looked like? Then we all laughed because that's what you'd imagine they would look like.
I will say that I do not know any swingers or at least I don't think I do. DO you? Ha Ha hee hee I crack myself up.

I started this post yesterday, but I was hung over and didn't finish it. It has warmed up since than and we are do to get 6 to 9 inches of snow today and tomorrow get another 3 to 5. The snow is coming down wet and is great for snowballs and forts. So I'm going to put on a pot of white chicken chili and then take the kids out to have some snow fun while we can.

5 comments:

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Wow, I haven't even been out to a club since the 80's...for me retro night would have seemed like nothing had changed at all...including my wardrobe! LOL!

FishermansDaughter said...

Did it stop snowing yet? We ended up with almost a foot!

Anonymous said...

Haha. I haven't been out to a bar in years, like 4 years. But I'm sure you'd totally flip at the hings I've seen in bars.

snicker.

Mama Goose said...

I can't remember the last time I was in a club. Sad.

A friend told me that there's quite a swinger's network down here. Apparently they have stickers on their cars that say "Paws" - or SWAP backwards! I actually saw a car the next say with Paws12 on their license tag!

carsick said...

OMG! EEWWWWW!! I just can't imagine... But yet my mind....