Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Got A J-O-B Because I couldn't Stand To Be With Me

As of last Thursday I am employed. No applause please, no, please don't say it's about time I got off my fat ass. Or anything else. Who knows how long it will last.

I couldn't stand myself anymore. I was screaming at the kids. Not a good quality when you home school. I looked for reasons to be angry at Dave. (Though in my defence I didn't have to look too hard.) I was upset with my mom just because she is living with us and now I don't even have a place to go be alone.

So anyway, I'm cleaning an office building. It's very humbling I tell ya. What I will make in a month I use to bring home in three days. And I didn't clean toilets! The hours are sucky to. I leave at 5pm or so and and work three or four hours. I'm very busy the whole time. I don't have time to stop and think. Just go go go. I think it will be good for all of us. Dave and my mom will feed the kids dinner. I start it before I leave for work. Dave gets alone time with the kids without my controlling presence. My mom is forced to leave her bedroom for awhile. For the first time in YEARS I will be able to buy Dave a Birthday gift that he didn't pay for. It's a win win situation. Now if I can get over the fact that It breaks my heart in a thousand pieces that I can't put Dane to bed at night we be all set.
All in all I'm hoping to jump start some weight loss, not shriek at my children and show my man some love. That's not too much to ask. Is it?
Oh yeah, that's a picture of Scooter get cat hair all over the clean clothes again. It's his favorite winter past time.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Congratulations!!! I hope your J-O-B brings you P-E-A-C-E!!! I too cleaned an office building; So, I can relate to the whole toilet thing girlie!!! Some mothers really should have taught their boys some basic hygiene...that's all I'm saying!!!! :) You can record your voice reading some of Dane's books-then he can still hear your sweet voice at bedtime as he looks at the pictures! Good luck to you!!!

KimberlyDi said...

I had a cat named Scooter once. :) Congrats on the job. The time away from your family will do you good. You need to miss them sometimes to remember how much you love them.

Mama Goose said...

Good for you. Even though I'm at work, I manage to get some "me" time. It's nice to have a break from the incessant "Mama, Mama, Mama!" And makes me look forward to it at the same time.