Friday, February 13, 2009

My Valentine

I didn't want my baby born on Valentine's Day. I really didn't. Maybe if I was having a girl but not a boy. So when I went into labor right before midnight on the 13th, I wildly thought for a nano second, I wondered if I can hold this off for twentyfour hours? Ha ha hee hee
Dane Alexander came into the world at 8:02am. Weighing in at 9lbs. 10.02oz. He had the worst case of baby acne I'd ever seen and his skin was peeling off. My step sister Jamie, who is a l&D nurse and was with us said he cooked too long. I tell ya, he was so big I thought I'd have to go by more clothes to fit him. He never did lose any of his hair and with the exception of waking up every hour and a half to be fed he was my easiest baby.


What a difference two years makes. He cleaned up real nice. Do you see the tinsel hanging in the background? It's left from Christmas. We are in the schoolroom and the girls get to help decide what goes in or leaves and this case stays.
These days Dane doesn't need to eat every hour and a half but he would if I let him. His favorite toy is Elmo and he loves to play with balls. Last week I finally let him have his 18 month shots and he took them like a champion. He cried for a minute and I asked him if he wanted to go to Hillmans (The local Bakery) for a cookie. Yeah, cookie, he said. The tears were no more.
He weighed in at 26 and 1/2 lbs. and is 3 ft. tall. I won't even tell you how big his head is, let us just say his aunt bought him a hat from the Gap for Christmas and she bought size 4 to 7 and it was too small.

I wish everyone a Valentine as wonderful as mine.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Stacy D. Briefing said...

OMG! He's the cutest Valentine I ever did see!!!

FishermansDaughter said...

AWWWWWWW. He's so gorgeous then and now. Happy Birthday Dane!!

Mama Goose said...

So cute! Happy (belated) Birthday Dane!!

Anonymous said...

Runs in the family. Hats for me are HUGE. And I can't wear most helmuts. Also, really big hips run in the family. I wear a size 34-36, and I'm only 155lbs at 5'11 ! It's so unfair !