Tuesday, March 3, 2009

FaceBook

I had another post all written today and somehow I lost it. Boy does that make me angry. Well I don't know if I'm angry. Maybe just frustrated. Which brings me to something else that frustrates me.



FaceBook



I'm pretty new to facebook and I like it way better than MySpace. BUT, what happens when you don't want to be someones friend? Do they know you pushed the ignore button? What if you are the one to be ignored? Also I see sssssooooo many of people I knew all through school that I have not seen or spoke to in 20 years. Some before that because I got myself knocked up and refused to go to my last year of highschool with a new baby. Prego my junior year was traumatic enough. Anyway, some of these people didn't talk to me after I got pregnant, or maybe it was the huge chip on my shoulder that I carried just to make it through the day. What I'm saying so poorly is if I ask someone to be my friend will they think I want something? It terrifies me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to tell you, I hated everyone in HS except maybe 4 people.

Do you really care what any of those people thinks ?

KimberlyDi said...

Hey, if you don't reconnect with a few people, they aren't in your life right now so you can't miss what you don't really have. But what if you do reconnect with some friends?

You have nothing to lose. Except that I'll share my 20 year highschool reunion experience. Nothing changes except weight, age, and receding hairlines. All the same b.s. remains even though everyone is supposed to be "grown up".

Highschool sucked, period.

Auds at Barking Mad said...

I have no idea what happens on Facebook when you ignore or are ignored. Now I'm curious.

Sheesh, I hope that wasn't my friend request I sent to ya? *lol*

Just kidding. Well I hope I am.

I go back and forth on the Facebook thing. Its a love/hate relationship with me. Well that and I feel compelled to share every little detail with everyone. Those status updates sure come in handy!

As an aside, my word verification word is, and I am NOT making this up....

Gumby

Stacy D. Briefing said...

I don't know how facebook works. I refuse to sign up. I did Classmates. Got back in touch with a few friends. 2 outta 3 turned out well. The 3rd friend was a bittersweet reunion. I would have rather just had the wonderful memories of her and our high school days, than to see how far apart in life choices we are now. As for people who may ignore your request...."well, I never much minded the little things..." ;)

Mama Goose said...

I know what you mean. fb makes me a bit crazy too. I have re-friended so many old friends who I am very happy to "see" again. There are some people though that I would ignore - in fact, I UN-friended someone recently. (no, it wasn't you!!)

I don't think anything happens if you "ignore" someone though.

I'm sorry that people hurt you when you were pregnant. Especially when you probably needed friends the most then. But it certainly lets you know who your real friends are, no?

Mama Goose said...

I had to share that today I got a friend request from someone I definitely will ignore!!