Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St Paddy's Day

Yesterday Kadie blessed us with her presence. She actually did me a huge favor. She went with her grandmother to one of her many appointments and sat in the waiting room, alone, for three hours. So that I could read at story time and teach my little darlings some school. It was great!

She drove to our house with my mom and played UNO with the girls. They really love their BIG sister. To the point that they try to listen to all the same music and wear the same clothes as she does. If she's not careful when she brings her laundry here to do, (imagine that) the girls rifle through it and take clothing articles from her. I had to draw the line at the pilfering of her lace thong. Ewww
One time her panties were drying on the clothes line and Dave walked by and glanced at them and he gave me the look. You know the one where you know they want to jump in bed. I said those are Kadies. I thought he was going puke. He moaned and groaned that he felt sick all over and had chills. Now he doesn't look at the panties on the clothes line.
But I digress. The girls fight over Kadie and as Kadie has gotten older she has started to enjoy being a big sister. She always used to act like she was their mom. We actually called her Officer Kadie because she was always on patrol. I think she's more relaxed now cause she can legally drink. Though I've yet to go to the bar with her I can't wait to toss back a few with her.

The girls are really rallying together right now. We've told the little girls that Grammy is sick again. Yesterday they told Kadie that they don't like her much (grammy) cause she's too clean and she gets mad a lot. They also tell Kadie stuff they won't tell me. Boy does that piss me off. But I'm happy that they have her to go to. Cause when they are 16 and 14 and pre menstrual they can stay the night at her house. She can also keep them over when she has to stay up all night to make sure they don't sneak out their window. Or sneak anyone in. That will be payback.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

noble pig said...

I am laughing so hard about your husband. That is classic.

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Love the thong story...I can visualize it in my mind so vividly! LOL! Put on Sisqo's "Thong Song" from time to time and watch him run screaming from the room with flashbacks!;)

Your girls are all beautiful!!!

Auds at Barking Mad said...

Your hubby cracks me up...mine would probably have the same reaction.

There is a 15 year age diff between the Little Imp and Megawatt and she already idolizes her big sister. Makes me wonder what things are going to be like when she's 15 and Megawatt is 30 and Imp wants to learn to drive. By then I'll be too old to teach her and Megawatt will still have all her wits about her...I'll just make her deal with it. I'm STILL recovering from teaching her to drive!

Mama Goose said...

They're lucky to have eachother. So sweet.

FishermansDaughter said...

Great, now "Thong Song" is stuck in my head...