Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Murder Mystery

Imagine my surprise yesterday morning when I opened the front door and looked down and saw this. A dead frog. Eww gross.
As I tried to keep smelly dog from eating it, I could feel the creepiness  all around me.  Poor froggy. Where did he come from? How did he get here? How did he die? Who would do such a thing? What should I do? Should I stick him in a Ziploc and put him in the freezer so we can dissect him at a later date? Should I scream for Dave? Yeah, that's what I'll do. That's what I did. He in turn brought all the kids out to try and determine cause and time of death. We are home schooled after all. (This is why we drink) 
As I stood outside begging smelly dog to go pee I took a good look around, wondering, why the poor senseless murder of a frog should end up on my porch and who could do such a horrific crime.
Posted by PicasaAre You Talking To Me? Yeah, that's right! Are you talking to me? Cause I don't know what your talkin about. I'm innocent, you can't prove a thing.

6 comments:

Stacy D. Briefing said...

This is perfect opportunity that you have been waiting for...seize the day!!! This morning a little froggy found on the doorstep, tomorrow...Bailey! The murder mystery continues! LOL! Hey, Who's to prove it was you and not the cat?!

To any animal rights activists reading this-just joking. To Carsick...(wink,wink LOL!)

carsick said...

I hear ya!
I say to any animal rights peeps, I would never harm an animal. Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Frank said...

I once found a dead crab near the garage. My house is over a mile away from the river...how it got there I'll never know.

Mama Goose said...

We once had a cat that made offerings of dead mice. He'd sit there, in front of the picture window, with a "Look what I brought you, you should be so proud of me!" smirk on his face. I guess that's better than the other cat I had that brought LIVE mice IN to the house!

KimberlyDi said...

Kitty brought you an offering. How sweet. :)

Auds at Barking Mad said...

LOL I had to laugh when I saw the pic of your cat.

We have a certain cat, who shall remain nameless (although search of my blog under fur babies will net you the name) who likes to catch chipmunks and kill them and leave them for me...as presents. Yeah. I'd rather have some Bath stuff, but somehow our certain feline hasn't gotten that message!