Tuesday, May 12, 2009

STINKY PITS

For any men or man that is about to read my blog today, I'm sorry, but it is what it is.
I stink. There I said it. I've been playing around with different deodorants for the past year since I was told I shouldn't use anything that might promote breast cancer. I have used a slew of different products and have dropped at least a hundred smack er oo's. Before I'd buy a stick of Secret and not think about it for at least a year. It's so strange because before I had Chrissy I didn't sweat at all. Well, not my pits anyway. But that's a story for another day. Oh get your mind out of the gutter. Once I got prego for Chrissy I became a pool of sweat. Slippery slimy stinky sweat and it has never stopped. Until now. If you never tried Crystalux Stick Deodorant you have to. I bought it at the cancer center for under four dollars. I was hooked the second day I tried it. I had a hard time to believe that because it had no perfume Oder that it would work. BUT IT DOES!!!! Better than anything else I have ever used! That's all I have to say about that.
Also, what should I do with this? I mean besides finishing putting primer on it? It's a pie safe. What color should I paint it? Where should I put it? For the past year it's been in the barn where I promptly put it right after I begged Dave into buying it for me.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Stacy D. Briefing said...

I will definately look for that deod. I have used several brands that make my glands tender and swollen after using it...THAT can't be healthy at all! :)

As for the pie safe, I would prime it. Paint a base shade. Decopauge' (sp?) a picture/poster that you really like on the front insert of it, and then crackle finish the whole thing with a second color for a cool two tone antique look....but that's just me. :)

Mama Goose said...

I used to use a crystal deodorant back when I was trying desperately to be a hippie (I failed by the way). I loved it. I had forgotten about it. Recently I've been suffering from hot flashes (oh joy) and have actually been sweating through any deodorant I try. I will promptly head to the health food store and get me a new one! Thanks for being a sweaty stink bomb. :)

Oh and the pie safe? No ideas. I have several pieces in my house that need painting or finishing of some kind. I'm just color phobic. I have been thinking about trying a colored stain on my bathroom cabinet (that's been there for 5 years waiting...) Make sure you post as after shot when you decide! I need some inspiration.

KimberlyDi said...

I have seriously stinky feet. They sweat like you wouldn't believe. I've tried powers and sprays and nothing works. I can sympathize. :)

Frank said...

I suggest you make it white and then paint a picture of a robot on it.

Auds at Barking Mad said...

I have been searching desperately, after a battle with breast cancer more than 7 years ago, to find something that worked and wouldn't cause potential issues.

I have been suffering and STINKING for the last 3 years with Toms of Maine because it's the only stuff I could find. But now, now you come along as my sweaty savior and I won't go through 2 things of Tom's every two weeks because I use so much. *lol*

Gracias m'dear. This is one less thing I have to worry about.