Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Good Morning


Sunday morning started out pretty good. When I woke up I thought I felt pretty good so I started the mad race to get everyone ready for Church. The early service. AGH! In order to get there by eight twenty we HAVE TO LEAVE by seven fifty five.
We left at five after eight. I knew I was in trouble when we got to the interstate. (Why couldn't we go to a church in town)
I told Dave to stop and get me something to drink because I thought I was going to be sick. Because of that little set back we were almost ten minutes late for church. Which almost put Marian over the edge. You know how she hates to be late and to be late for GOD is the worse thing you could ever do. (According to Marian.)
We made it back home and I went to bed and left Dave to take care of everything. After awhile he came upstairs to let me know that food was rotting in the fridge and I should take care of it. Yeah, that's just what I wanted to do. Sick as I was. MMMNNN the smell of something gone bad.
So I laid in bed and felt sorry for myself a bit more and then rolled my arse out.
I cleaned out the fridge and found out that I had a whole chicken to cook ASAP! Plus broccoli, cauliflower, carrots some apples and blueberries. And I thought I was going to have a hard time to come up with Sunday dinner.
I was stumped as to what to do with the apples and blueberries and by the time I thought of something the chicken was already in the oven. I put it together anyway and cooked it on the grill. May I present to you....
Apple/Blueberry Cobbler
I didn't even have to clean the grill first:) I actually got quite good cooking on the grill when my oven shit the bed on Christmas Day a few years back. By the way, just a little bit of info for you. If your oven shits out as your trying to cook a Christmas dinner for 30 and your 35 weeks pregnant, don't type in WEBBER GRIL instead of WEBER on the search to find out how to grill a turkey. Especially with small children running around. Because than you will have to throw your body across the screen as you frantically hit escape. Don't take my word for it. Try it yourself.... She wasn't even that pretty......
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have an oven?! Wow, you have glass cookware ?!

carsick said...

Come on now! Be nice! I cook all the time. McDonalds is too far away and the french fries get cold.

Stacy D. Briefing said...

The cobbler looks great!!! I'll have to try dessert on the grill sometime.

Anonymous said...

Be nice ? No, seriously, we still don't have a fry-pan.

And let me tell you, cooking chicken in the toaster oven is getting REAL old...

Frank said...

Mmmmm...cobbler...*drools*

Anonymous said...

Maine blueberries - mmm, the BEST of all...

Auds at Barking Mad said...

The cobbler looks awesome! We do upside down cakes on the grill all the time.

Dutch oven
cake mix
can of pie filling (cherry, apple, rasberry, etc)
1 stick of butter

Dump fruit in bottom of dutch oven
Dump cake mix on top
slice butter into pats and place all over the top
Put lid on cake and cook for a while.

YUMMMMMMMM

Oh, it's called dump cake. D'oh!

And um...glad you're feeling better. Seriously, I am!

P.S. are your June Bugs as big as ours are here? Ours are the size of golf balls, I kid you not!

Mama Goose said...

Um, hello Dave? Man up dude! Gotta work on the sensitivity there! ; )

But at least you got an incredible meal! Nice cobbler!

carsick said...

I just went to Webber and it took me to Weber Grill home site. I did not check it as I had no intrest in seeing a nasty vagina again. Not that vaginas are nasty if thats what your into...... Sorry

Dave can't clean the fridge. He won't throw anything away. Milk a week past the date no problem, just use it in a recipe. EWWWWWW