Monday, June 8, 2009

LOVES LABOURS LOST

Last week was so busy that I didn't think we'd make it through the week without many meltdowns. But we did and with all of our sanity in tact. Monday was our slow day. We actually got to stay home and do school work. Tuesday mom had to be at the cancer center for 7:30 and we were just supposed to be there for a couple of hours and it turned into seven. Or maybe it was six. I can't remember now. Tuesday night we had a town meeting and I had to be there to speak for Parks and Rec because I'm on the Board of Parks and Rec. I brought the kids with me and they played outside at the park. We didn't get out of there until after 8:30. The meeting actually got done way before that but then there is always a meeting outside after. (For those assholes who won't stand up and say what they want inside) Wednesday wasn't too bad, just soccer practice in the evening. Thursday we laid around all day (after our schoolwork was finished) to prepare ourselves to go to a play my cousin was going to be in. The girls and I went to dinner and to see L in Loves Labours Lost by Shakespeare. She played a wonderful man. The only problem was the darn thing took forever. Three hours!!!! Everything was way over the girls heads though they did learn a few new words to add to there repertoire. What a great group of kids that put on this play and they were all home schoolers! I didn't even know stuff like this existed around here. The girls are very excited to try out next year for a part in a play.
We left the play at 9:50pm. I was in Winthrop and it was almost an hours ride to get home. The kids were cranky and wanted to sleep so I let them but I had to wake them up to go into Walmart because we had to have stuff for a picnic lunch Friday. Chrissy is a real trouper but Marian cried the whole time we were in the store. I'm very surprised someone didn't call the police on me.
Friday we had to be out of the house before eight. We went to Leonard's Mills. Which is supposed to be a replica of an old logging town. The people dress in period clothing and you get to make butter and venison stew with them. I can honestly say I had a perfectly sucky time. The mosquito's were so bad that if they sucked fat instead of blood I'd weigh nothing at all.
And this old man. This old man told me NO LESS THAN TEN TIMES THAT I NEED TO MAKE MY SON STOP RUNNING OR HE WOULD GET HURT! I had a few choice words for him.
So we quickly moved on to a game of tug of war. The girls had never played before. Unless you count trying to get your Barbie out of the dogs mouth.
We didn't even eat our lunch there we drove over by a river. I don't know which one. All I know is it was breezy and the bugs weren't biting. By the time we got home we were spent. We made dinner and we were all in bed by eight. This is not the end of our running though but this is a good place to stop for now. I have to make sure everyone is in bed. I haven't been posting lately because I decided if I didn't have anything nice to say I wouldn't say it. But after this weekend I decided FUCK THAT! So later tonight after all are in bed I'll post my next blog and you guys can laugh and cry with me.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Philly said...

Ah go ahead, bitch away. It comforts me to know others are bitching too !!

Mama Goose said...

I love it that there's a theater group for homeschoolers! Rock on! (Oh, and I would have kicked that old geezer in the gnuts!)

Auds at Barking Mad said...

LOL at Mama Goose's comment! I probably would have done the same thing, or at the least told him to and stick his nose back in his AARP Magazine! Oiy! Old busy bodies annoy the crap out of me.

How do you keep going a million miles an hour? I want whatever you are on!

carsick said...

I tell ya, I'm ready for a bitch fest. Or at least bitch slap someone.
I would have loved to kick him in the nuts but instead I kept asking him stupid questions that he had to answer and he was very bothered by that.
I drink caffine.......

FishermansDaughter said...

People who don't like people should be in PUBLIC SERVICE - crabby geezers especially.

Bitch away!! You're due and Christ sakes that's what blogs are FOR!

FishermansDaughter said...

Cripes - I need to check before I hit send - that should read "SHOULD NOT" be in public service

D'oh.

Frank said...

Wow, hectic week. I hope the choice words for that old man included something about him having erectile dysfunction. That's probably why he's so pissed...