Thursday, August 6, 2009

Another rambling post

As most of you know, my mom has been in her new place since Saturday. Now maybe she can get some peace in her life. If only I could get some in mine.

I have been burying myself in stuff for weeks now so I don't have to directly deal with anything unpleasant. I have been reading useless books, changing my mind on school curriculum's, at least four times. Thank goodness I didn't buy anything! Then to top it all off, Monday morning I decided since the room my mom was in is empty, I should gut it. The girls and I ripped up all the carpet and started to remove the God awful wallpaper that has hung there long before we were. All because I don't want to deal with life. I figure if I don't think about stuff it won't pop in my head. It always has a way to creep in though. When you least expect it. I am an over-tired, over-weight basket case. I'm sure a shrink would just love to get her hands on my brain.

We've had some really great days this week. Though the picture that you see is from last week. Dane and I took it about five thirty one morning. (We were walking the dog.) I really love my backyard. Anyway, this week the weather has been awesome. We've went to the lake with a slew of cousins on Tuesday and really had a nice time. My husband can finally stop asking me if I live in a flour factory. My skin colour went from a pasty white to a red as a lobster. Hee hee. Every time I hear or say the word pasty, I think of those thingies that strippers put on their boobies. Not that I've ever seen a real stripper or anything:)

We also started our testing this week. The girls CATs (California Achievement Test) That in itself is very stressful as you can't tell them any answers or even pronounce a word for them. At one point I wanted to swing some the ceiling and scream, "I know you know what a predicate is!" The girls should of had these tests weeks ago. Maybe even two months ago. I'm supposed to have the results in to the State of Maine by September 1. It probably won't happen. We still have to do math and science. We would finish tomorrow but I have to take my mom to the doctor. It was supposed to be a quick trip but she's turned it into a full days adventure. She doesn't understand that this is so very important. I told her we will be starting a strict schedule of school in a few weeks and won't be available much during the day and her response was well you can come see me every night after you put the kids to bed. She really doesn't get it.
I have been to see her every day since Saturday. (Except today and she was pissed) She doesn't need me for herself. She just wants me to lug out her garbage because she can't. That is another story I will whine about soon enough. I've started writing it but it just sounds so unbelievable that I honestly think people would think I was telling a big fat lie.

On a better note I found some great wine. It is so yummy. It's called Kim Crawford. Or by Kim Crawford. Who knows. I just know the stuff is great. That will be coming soon because I think everyone should try it. I'll take pictures of the bottle in the morning and post them so if you want to try it out this weekend you can.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

Ease up baby - you have had a hell of a stress filled year - it gets done when it gets done - stripping carpet and wall paper is totally therapeutic (and I didn't even have to look up how to spell it!). I think you're doing a great job. For the record - I am a product of public schools and at 45 (!!) years old have NO earthly idea what a predicate is. Really. So pat yourself on the back - better yet get hubby to do it and work his way down... heh heh heh! ;) my word is "releb" no snarky definition springs to mind

KimberlyDi said...

Beautiful backyard. That picture is so peaceful, I envy you. If I took of picture of my backyard, it would be interrupted by fences everywhere. Tiny Tiny backyard. My word is ordinah.

So boring, tired and ordinary that only ORDINH.... makes it out. That's me. :)

Mama Goose said...

You can whine to us all you want as long as you share the wine with us too. I agree with FD that gutting is completely therapeutic. If you need more to do, I've got two rooms left in our house...

Glad you got to the lake. It has amazing healing properties.

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Good luck with the testing!!! It's amazing how much the kiddos know but can't recall during test time-guess it's the stress of testing. It happens to all of us. I have faith that you'll get it done by the deadline.

Enjoy the wine!!! I'll have to look for some of it here....If I can't find it, have an extra glass or 3 for me. ;)

Can't wait to see pics of the demo room. Demo is my favorite part-gets rid of so much stress!

P.S. Your backyard looks soooo tranquil! Love it! Good place to sip the wine I'm thinking. "It's 5 o'clock somewhere"....that goes for a.m. drinking too I believe. Hee-hee ;)

Frank said...

Yes! I'm all about good wine. I like the picture as well, very serene.