Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Blow Off

A couple Sundays back we decided to blow off Church. Yeah, I know, we're going straight to Hell. Not just to Hell, but straight to without any stops. So after we got ready for the day we headed for the backyard for some summertime fun. Fun could not be completed without a bucket o fun. In this case it is a small bucket of Stella. I love that name. Stella. I just want to get drunk and shout STELLLLAAAA. I can't help myself.
We also made a home made slip and slide. No backyard party would be complete without one. A piece of clean space, some baby shampoo, a sprinkler and beer. What more could one ask for on a beautiful day? Well the kids didn't have beer. Just water and ice cream.
They had a great time. Except for the baby shampoo getting up their butts. That wasn't so much fun.

Of course there always has to be a supa star show off. And this is her.
Yes, Dave and I both played on the slip and slide. We had a blast and we took pictures. I won't show them to you though. Of course one of our neighbors might have taped us and downloaded the spectacle to YouTube. But I really hope not. It took me a week to be able to walk without my ribs and back hurting.

In other news, mom took her doctors appointment very well. The doctor told her the "pimples" were actually cancer, like the one that she thought had gone away on the front of her chest. He didn't prescribe any chemo. I think she wanted him to but didn't quite dare to ask. My sister was in town and went with us. I'm glad she got to see this first hand. Hopefully now she'll be able to show a little more compassion. My mom is tired all the time now. She has a hard time to get from the bed to the couch. I've been going almost daily to her place to make sure she eats. Kadie has been going at least once a week and the nurse has been going twice. On Thursday a Home Health Aide will start coming in to help out with whatever. I'm glad and will take whatever help we can get.

Hopefully later today I'll have time to post pictures from the room we have started to prepare for the girls. I can't wait for them to have their own room again. Or maybe its me that wants some privacy. If ya know what I mean....

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mama Goose said...

I love Stella!!!!

I'm glad you were able to have some fun despite all the bad stuff of late.

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Girls look like they are having a blast!!! (Love the superstar pose! ;) I think a little family fun time is just what everyone needed....church will still be there next Sunday...or the next. Enjoy!

Audrey at Barking Mad! said...

Stella is the ONLY real beer I like. Learned to enjoy it in it's native hometown...Belgium. It's super YUM!

I'm so glad to hear that you guys were able to kick back and relax and just enjoy summer for a while. You more than deserve it.

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

FishermansDaughter said...

Gha, I'm such a beer WIMP - Niner tried introducing me to Stella - I just couldn't hang, made me make the most unattractive face and my toes curl. That slip and slide sure looks fun. It's the simple things. Like... my word is "loddle" a load of noodle(s) :)