Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I'm Sorry

Well here it is. The wine I was supposed to tell you all about last Friday. Let me first tell you, I know zilch about wine. Actually less than zilch. So maybe you'll buy this and spit it out and laugh at the wacko that told you to buy it.

I'll get on with it now. This is a white wine. Hence the Sauvignon Blanc. Try to say that in a sexy voice to your husband. Sauvignon Blanc. Mine laughed at me. But brought it home any way.
It also has a grapefruity (is that a word) taste that gets even better with food. The food I paired it with was a Hannaford Brand bake and rise pepperoni pizza. I have also had this wine with appetiser's and it was out of this world. One thing I will tell you is that this wine packs a BIG punch. Two glasses had me giggling like I was fifteen again and had just drunk an entire bottle of BoonesFarm Strawberry Hill Tickle Pink. Fortunately I didn't puke all over the hotel room like I did when I was fifteen.
Here is a close up of the label. The first bottle I had was a 2008. I think it might have been more fruity. You can purchase this right at Hannaford here in Maine. I paid about seventeen bucks for it. Maybe a bit more with tax and bottle deposit. I can assume that you could purchase this at your local grocer. Walmart DOES NOT carry it. Not that I have ever bought wine at Walmart. I'm much too sophisticated for that:) BUT the best thing about this wine, it has a screw on cap! Yup it does! Isn't that cool!? As you can see I have some left that I can't wait to sip up this evening. I hope it's as good tonight as it was last night.
This is what happens to a boy that misses his nap because he was at the lake all day. He falls asleep in his highchair eating his bake and rise pepperoni pizza. While his mommy is sipping wine. I actually got him out of his highchair and bathed him AND put him to bed without him waking up.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Mama Goose said...

I'm so pathetic. $17 is too rich for my blood. Hell, I can buy a perfectly acceptable box o wine for that. AND get it at WalMart to boot. My sophistication went out the window when we had kids...

I promise to try it when I win the lottery tonight. ; )

Dane is STINKIN cute!!!

BTW, how is the Hannaford brand pizza?

FishermansDaughter said...

I don't know anything about wine either, except I've discovered this year (thanks to friends more sophisticated than me serving it at a get to gether)"me likey". If you're into whites that pack a punch (one glass gives me the giggles), I recommend Barefoot Pinot Grigio - the good: a)big bottle is cheaper than $17 b) it's absolutely YUMMY
BUT - it has a psuedo-cork and by psuedo I mean something that isn't real cork but requires a cork screw to remove. Which is weird but, don't let that stop you. Is it too soon to pour myself a glass - NAH! It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Dane is always adorable.

carsick said...

I know it is pricey. It is not something I buy on a regular basis. I had it at my sisters and fell in love though. SHe doesn't have any kids.
Mama Goose if you win the lottery tonight you can buy me a case of the stuff and I'll even let you drink it with me:)
Hannaford pizza (the bake andd rise) is very good.
Right now Dane does stink but he still is cute.

FD I drink Barefoot Bay Pino Grigio all the time. Once my daughter bought me a bottle of 26 dollar pino grigio and I told her to never do it again. It was vertygood but I'll never be able to afford it. The very first time I drank a Pino Grigio I compared it to eating straw. and that cork is wierd.

Philly said...

Don't ya love it when they fall asleep while it's still light out?



#1

Mama Goose said...

Sorry... no lottery winner here... :(

Frank said...

I don't know much about wine either...usually I just go for what's pink and tastes like Kool-Aid. But this stuff looks like it's worth a try :)

Stacy D. Briefing said...

OMG could he be any cuter???!!! Beautiful Baby!!!

I'm going to have to try me some of that wine. But I doubt I'll look as cute as Dane when I pass out in my chair. LOL!

My word is reerspi...is that another word for Proctologist???!!! Haaaaa!

Audrey at Barking Mad! said...

How ironic is it that I'm sitting here reading this whilst a bake and rise pizza gets all nice and hot and crispy in the oven? Alas, it will be paired with a Michelob Ultra as that's the only beer I can stomach.

Once a month I allow myself a nice bottle of wine. I'll put this one on my list for September! I have a perfect braised pork recipe that would pair nicely with it....I hope.

Audrey at Barking Mad! said...

BTW....try Clos du Bois Chardonnay. It's right around the $11-$13 dollar mark at Hannys. Yummmmm!