Thursday, August 20, 2009

Just because

Just because I can, I'm posting pictures of my boy. This guys what gets me up most mornings. (He won't go back to sleep) Otherwise I'd sleep til eight. When I'm down and crying he hugs me and asks me why? Then he takes my face in both his hands and gives me the softest kiss and tells me I'll be okay. He's two and a half and already knows how to twist all the girls in the house around his finger. The neighbor girls to.
But no one and I mean no one enjoys an ice cream like a small child. Just look at his face! The delight and carefree abandonment of the moment.
It really is true, Smile and the world will smile with you.
Tomorrow is going to stink. But thanks to all of my kids for just being them and their beautiful smiles, we'll get through.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mama Goose said...

He is stinkin' cute. But you already know that.

Hoping today isn't as stinky as you anticipated...

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Children,definitely the world's best medicine for what ails you! Yours are all darling...and Dane, he's truly a charmer as well!!!
Thinking of you today. Hugs...

FishermansDaughter said...

He's a keeper that's for sure. Good luck with whatever tomorrow brings, and don't forget, the collective "we" are here for you.
ox :)

Audrey at Barking Mad! said...

He is such a doll!

And you are so right about ice cream. There is nothing in this world like watching a child eat an ice cream cone on a hot summer day!

And there's nothing better, during the times I'm down in my pit, than when Gaby comes in, puts her arms around me, kisses my cheek and tells me she loves me. BEST.MEDICINE.EVER.