Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Circus our lives have become

Good Morning Everyone. Well everyone who reads this anyway. We have all made it through another day and hopefully another night. (I have not spoken with my mom yet.)

Yesterday was a really hard day as we spoke with the Social Worker who informed us that my mom should have around the clock care because of her confusion. Our family has discussed this and decided against it. Life Line is coming in on Sunday to install their product. If she falls and isn't too confused to push the button she'll be okay. If she falls when someone is with her (say one of us or an aide,) that person will not be able to get her up on their own anyway. If she confused and wondering what is this fucking thing hanging around my neck with the big button and pushes twenty times a day then she does. They'll answer her. I hope they don't call her on the phone though because ninety percent of the time she doesn't know how to answer it. Either that or she puts the remote control from the TV on her phone charger and tries to answer that. Now that's not working out out too well for her. Tonight I'll be taking our phones to her house and switching with her. Our phones are white. Hers look like a remote for the TV.

We are frantically trying to obtain a lawyer to put stuff in writing and by Monday afternoon we should have this done. PRAY that she doesn't get anymore confused before this is done. (Or the lawyer won't be able to do this.)

My sister has been her all week and really has been a HUGE HUGE help. We've laughed and cried and cried some more. Plus we've played Rock Paper Scissors a few times in order to see who gets what. We are REAL mature. I'm better than Kadie and my sister. (The TV is mine!) Hee hee.

I just tried to call my mom she didn't answer. She's done this all week to me. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I jumped in the van and made a sixteen minute ride into twelve. That includes the elevator ride also. I would bust in to find her sitting on the couch or chair talking to the Chaplain or nurse like she doesn't have a care in the world. I later found out that she is doing it on purpose. (Probably just to see how fast I can get to her.) So as much as its killing me, I am not driving to her apartment right now. If she has died there isn't anything I can do anyway. Of course it would get me out of working at the Parks and Rec Boothe at the fair today. I worked four to ten last night and today I'm scheduled eleven to five. I hate this kind of thing.

I'll keep everyone posted, thank you everyone for all of the support. It's what getting me through.

4 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

Wow...just...WOWShe's not answering when you call ON PURPOSE?! WTF is up with that?! You're an above and beyond the call daughter girly and don't you forget it. I wish I had more to offer than another "hang in there" and "I'm thinking of you" but...

My word is espol - a cesspool of s's?

Stacy D. Briefing said...

I agree with FD-you definitely get the daughter of the year award. As well as a merit badge for restraint. Not answering the phone on purpse???!!! I would have beat them with the phone-while yelling..."CAN U HEAR ME NOW???!!!"...but we will discuss my issues another time. :)

Wishing you all the best.
Love the "settling the estate the rock,paper,scissors way." You crack me up!!! Keep your sense of humor-it's critical.;)
Hugs...

Mama Goose said...

I wish there was something I could say or do to help you through this....

Audrey at Barking Mad! said...

I can tell you this...you have the strength of one of those destroyers that come out of BIW and then some!

Next Sunday I'm bringing more than just a smile with me!

And seriously, if my mom did that to me on purpose...well I just don't even wanna say what I'd do because it's NOT very nice! You m'dear, deserve Sainthood!