Friday, October 23, 2009

Finally


The girls are finally in there room. It's not quite completed yet. We still have stuff to go the walls and shelves to put in. We also have the problem of the closet. Ha ha, I said we have the problem of the closet. Dave has a problem with the closet. I'm just the painter. I don't use power tools. We had a chain saw incident awhile back. That's all I'm saying about that. The shadows in the room really hide the brightness of the paint. It really is blinding until you get used to it.

I am not impressed with their bedding but I have felt so guilty I let them pick it out and I've sucked it up. Its that shiney slippery material that is Dry Clean Only. I read that after we bought it. Yea me. I have to say for what we paid, I can't complain. Each set came with a comforter, dust ruffle, two (yes two) sheet sets, one sham, two throw pillows (one holds an ipod) and two window valences. All for niney- nine smacker roos. So I can't compain right? Right!?

I can not believe how dark these pictures came out! We've been singing I wear my sunglasses at night.

The floor didn't take anytime at all to lay. I even did some. I think it turned out quite nice. It is a lamenent made by Dupont. I got it at Mardens for seventy nine cents a foot. If you don't live in Maine then you don't know Mardens. They have a jingle that goes You have bought it when you saw it at Marrrden's. Thats the case with this floor. I saw it on a Friday, well not this exact floor, but one a different color. I didn't put it on hold and when I went back the next morning it was all sold out. This floor I didn't even know what it looked like when I bought it. It was still on the truck. The guy thought it was darker than the other stuff I saw. I told him I'd make i'd make it work. Then Dave and I decided to buy enough to do the other two bedrooms that need flooring. That's a lot of flooring! Luckily they had enough. The guy behind us. Not so lucky, I got it all. Hee hee hee
The closet isn't very big but hopefully with shelves we'll be able to maximise space for the girls.

Tomorrow is the day we spread my moms ashes. I'm going to take pictures so be prepared!!!!!

My spellcheck is gone!!!! Please excuse any misspellings. Darn! I wonder what I did.....
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

WOW - that came out great. I'd have killed for a room/bedding like that as a little girly girl. Good work and I want to say something about spreading your mom's ashes tomorrow but don't know if "good luck" is the right thing... you know what I mean?

(HUG)

P.S. I put the rest of Nantucket up in comments over at my place for you - didn't want to get all NC 17 here

:)

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Wow! What a great room!!! I love everything about it. (Kudos on the flooring find too! You rock!!!) I wish the girls many wonderful nights in their new room-lots of sisterly talks and sweet dreams!! :)

Truly don't know what one says to another about the spreading of ashes either....So I'll just go with, will be thinking of you.

Mama Goose said...

The room turned out beautifully! I had a seriously pink (fuchsia) room when I was 8 or so. Man I loved it.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow too. I hope your weather turns out better than they are predicting for here...

My verification word is "momiz". Interesting...

Anonymous said...

WOW... It's BEAUTIFUL !

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Thinking of you today. Hope all went well.

chocolate and whine said...

I am totally jealous of their bedroom. I love all the pink! I'd do that to my room if I thought my husband would let me get away with it.

Frank said...

"Dave has a problem with the closet."

Maybe he should come out of the closet, then.

Oh snap.

carsick said...

Hmmmn Frank, maybe I should have worded that differently. I should have said a problem with the shelving. I'm sure by noon tomorrow his brother will have called him and called him funny names. I could get in trouble with this one.But I like your style.

Audrey at Barking Mad! said...

I love the pink! And it's certainly nothing like the HOT PINK I asked my parents to paint my room when I was 11. For some reason they actually did and it was forever known as the Pepto Bismal room. Uhg!

I love how well the flooring goes with it.

Hey, wanna come down and help me with Gaby's room? *lol*