Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Happy Birthday's

You never know what life is going to hand you. Last Thursday was not only the day we had my moms funeral but it was also Christina's birthday. That's her new Chrissa doll. She is The American Girl Doll of the year. (In case you don't know these things.) My mom bought both little girls dolls for Christmas off of QVC a few months back. I gave them to the girls before we left for the funeral. (To soften the blow of having a funeral on your birthday.) She really didn't mind much though. She got to see all of our family and extended family and many people she didn't even know. All of which gave her dollar bills because it was her birthday. She cleaned house, so to speak. My wonderful, beautiful cousins, Jenn and Cheryl decided that I was too busy to go shopping for Chrissy's birthday so they took it upon themselves to shop for me. Jenn and family showed up early last Thursday with arm loads of gifts and a birthday cake made by Chrissy's favorite cousin Libby. She really cleaned house here too because we would NOT have got her so much stuff. She was so surprised that she had a good day even though the day had much sadness.
Today is my first Born's birthday. Kadie will be twenty-two at 11:56am. Following her 11:56am birth I sent my dad to McDonald's for a burger and fries. I can still remember how good those fries were. I can also remember how little Kadie was. She was three weeks early and I had only gained 11 pounds with the pregnancy. I remember vividly the doctors putting the helicopter on stand by to fly her to Portland. Everything happened so fast, I was in labour under four hours. When she was born she weighed in at 7lbs 14oz. Not the preemie they expected. She didn't have to go to Portland.
Last week she really showed her maturity. She was a huge help with the days following up to the funeral and with the mess of packing and cleaning afterwords. For the last three months she went to my moms everyday. Even if she could only stay fifteen minutes. (Most of the time she brought her laundry and stayed awhile.) This has been so tough on her because she and my mom had a very close bond. On top of that, I've been a basket case. Snapping at everyone, especially her because, well, I don't know why. On a side note, when Kadie used to ask me why (when I would tell her no to something) I would tell her because Y is a crooked letter. My GOSH she really hates that. I bet she does it to her kids.
So Happy Birthday KadieRoo, KadieRella, KadieDid, Kathryn eLizardBreath and every other name we have ever called you. Oh and I forgot Moose.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

(HUG) WELCOME BACK! Missed you so much! What wonderful rellies you have trying to make the funeral less awful. That's a GORGEOUS pic of you and K - you look (understandably) sad. It'll get bettah. (MORE HUGS)

my word is KINGE

my definition a King of Hinges

KimberlyDi said...

Welcome Back. Your hair looks great in the picture (as well as the rest of you). I'm fixated on hair right now because I'm trying to pick a new style for myself.

Happy Birthdays to everyone!

My word is psyna.

Audrey at Barking Mad! said...

Oh how I have missed you. And you REALLY should post pictures of yourself because you are gorgeous! It sounds like you have been surrounded by some wonderfully supportive people - especially your eldest! Tell her I said she rocks.

My word is allyc. I have no idea what it means.

Oh and btw, I had a good hard laugh at Elizardbreath....Elizabeth is my middle name!

Frank said...

My grandpa died on my birthday a few years ago...it kind of takes the happiness out of the next few birthdays...

I'm glad Christina got to have an okay day, though. Glad you're back on the blogs :)

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Oh so glad you are back!!! Hope your days are getting better!

Happy Birthday girls! You're gorgeous!

Oh and 11 lbs....LOL, I gained that in the first 8 weeks of my pregnancies. And it just kept going, and going... :D

Mama Goose said...

So nice to see you back...

Happy birthdays to all of you.

(and I love the hair too!! Hopefully soon, you'll have your beautiful smile back too.)