Wednesday, October 21, 2009

No I don't do evertyhing my eleven year old tells me to.

Right before my moms funeral I decided to get a manicure. I also decided that since the girls birthdays were at the same time I would let them get manicures also.
Once we got in there and sat down, Chrissy started telling me I should get acrylics because they were so pretty. Then of course everyone in the place started in so I caved. They looked beautiful for about ten seconds.

I wonder how the little nail girl is going to feel when I ask her how to get paint off of my nails? I also have wanted to call her and ask her a few questions about my nails.


Like these questions: How do you pick your nose with these things on?
How do you dig the wax out of your ears so you don't look like a drill?
How do you wipe your backside or anyone Else's without stabbing the crap out of them?
I'm just glad that Mary from Redbank isn't here yet. By then I'll have probably ripped all these darn things off.


On other fronts we are learning our prepositions. This is a paper that was hastily done by one of my offspring. She took about a minute to do it and I took about ten seconds to hand it back and say this is a test I suggest you read the directions. She did and now the world is good. I never knew exactly what a preposition was until now. I wonder if I could go back and repeat this part of school? Would it have made a difference? I think the best part about teaching my kids is that I now understand the stuff I didn't understand then.
Chrissy and Mimi are going to spend the night at their sisters tonight. Actually they are going this afternoon. I'm one small molecule from snapping and she's going to help make sure I don't snap. We pretty much have the girls room finished but are in the process of moving from one to the other and neither girls wants to part with anything. AGH!!!!! I can't wait for them to go. I already have the van parked up to the front steps and as I clean and make piles for Goodwill and for the dump I can bring them down and load up the van. My gosh I live an exciting life.
I also need to go pick up my moms ashes. We are going to spread them this weekend. I'm not looking forward to it. Every time I think too hard on the subject (which is anytime at all) I feel like I'm going to puke. I feel like time bomb waiting to go off.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Mama Goose said...

I have a small amount of my mother's ashes in the cupboard next to the bourbon. It makes me smile. And I'm sure she is smiling too.

I have no idea what a preposition is. I'm hoping to learn a lot now that #1 is in school.

FishermansDaughter said...

I'm glad your Big Girl is stepping up to help with the littles to keep you from snapping...did I use any prepositions? ;) I LOVES me some ultra girlie acrylic nails and congratulations for doing something schwaaaeet for yourself. I think regular nail polish remover on a qtip will take paint off.

prin said...

*hugs* I hope your funk and your ickies go away soon.

Stacy D. Briefing said...

I too have pondered some of the acrylic nail questions mentioned. But I do know, Ricardo always thought they were fun. ;) Bow chicka bow bow.... ;) LOL!

As for the paint on your nails, try alcohol. No, I don't mean to remove it. I'm thinking, drink enough of it and you won't care! haaaa!! :) I think a bottle (or two)of wine is definitely in order while finishing up the room and filtering through the toys etc tonight.

Don't snap-you've gone thru waaaay too much to crack now girlie! Baby steps. Second to second. Minute to minute. Remember to breathe. Keep a twisted thought tucked away for when times get tough- to make you smile or laugh when you think you are going to fall apart. I can give you one of mine if need be...:)You can do this!!!

Hugs
Stacy

P.S. My word is "fuxshed"...I'm thinking perhaps "what a person who has a lisp might call someone when they are mad..." :)

Frank said...

Pfft, I'm in grad school for English and I still don't know what a preposition is.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was going to be there with you, we could puke together, first in the car from both being carsick, and then again, later.

KimberlyDi said...

Maybe you need to find an outlet. Be in a room by yourself and beat the hell out of some pillows. Scream, cry, do whatever you need to get it out of you.

My word is "oushe". I think it means an "ouchie" that is inSide of you.

It will get better.

Anonymous said...

Face it, you have such purty nails !

Needs more glitter, though...

Audrey at Barking Mad! said...

I'm with Mama Goose, I have no clue as to what a preposition is...yet another reason I'm probably NOT a candidate for homeschooling. *lol*

You've got so much on your plate...and have had for a while. I think you need a girl's night out! I'm serious!