Monday, November 2, 2009

A Breather

Last Friday the kids and I took a road trip. We landed here at my friend Lisa's house. Lisa and I have been friends for twenty six years. Oh Lord, I feel old just saying that. We have one of those friendships that will stand the test of time. When I lived in Florida we only got to see and talk to each other sporadically. That's what happens when your working and raising kids.
We were both thrilled with my move back to Maine. The bad part is, it take four hours to get to her house from mine. So we still don't get to see each other as much as we would like.
She has boys and the youngest one is fifteen. So she was thrilled when the girls asked her to help them get ready for Halloween. Chrissy just loves visiting Lisa. She is a great cook and no matter what she asks her to make she always seems to have the ingredients on hand and makes it seem so effortless. Her Hot Fudge Sundae Cake is out of this world. I'm making it for my own birthday. Then I'm going to hide in the barn and eat the whole thing myself.
Marian doesn't like "stuff" on her face so she settled for butterflies. Which she made herself. I just love this kid!
So how do they look? A Motley Crew if I ever saw one! We had a great time and got a lot of loot. I ran into people I have not seen in more years than I care to count. The strange thing was they knew who I was. They were like Oh My Gosh You look The Same! That was weird.
So what did you guys do? Anything funny happen? Anyone get drunk and puke in the punch bowl?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

KimberlyDi said...

I had a boring night handing out candy to the little kids that trick or treat early in the evening and closed up shop before the teenagers arrived. The teenagers are scary in my neighborhood. Even without costumes.

Mama Goose said...

So glad you had such a good trip!

You MUST share the recipe for Hot Fudge Sundae Cake. Sounds divine. And if I could I'd come up there tomorrow to hide in the barn with you.

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Love the costumes! I hope the witch used her powers for good not evil. :) And love the butterfly-so pretty! And Elmo...you tickle me you cutie pie!

Old friends truly are the best aren't they? They know all your secrets and past crazy stunts-but would never tell a soul. :)