Sunday, November 15, 2009

Entertainment


At our house, and I'm sure at yours too, our kids put on shows for us. Wonderful, funny, and sometimes ear- plugging shows.
Recently we had one.
The girls are practicing for the Christmas service at Church. They have the CD and the words on paper and practice faithfully. Much to our dismay. You see, our girls, they are tone deaf. It really isn't their fault. It's mine I suppose but I don't have the heart to crush their little hopes and dreams of becoming Miley Cirus. So we say nothing and smile and wish we had another glass of wine to dull the ringing in our ears.
For this show Marian applied a liberal about of sparkly lotion to her face. It shines like a good sheen of sweat. They continuously fought for the microphone. The show even had a wardrobe change in Dane's closet. They are in Dane's room.
I think what I love about them putting on shows is how they work together as a team. They sang and danced but most of all they laughed. Big belly busting laughs that made everyone laugh.

See up at the top right hand corner. (the picture of the Bose Radio) I bought that for Dave one Christmas many many moons ago. I used to take it with us where ever we went cause I was afraid that it being the nicest thing in the house, if someone broke in they would have to steal it. It was the nicest thing we owned. I know I have issues. I took it from Dave and gave it to Dane. I am an Indian Giver. I also took Dave;s leather rocker recliner and put it in Dane's room so when I sat with him at night I would be comfortable. Dave gets no respect sometimes. But I sure like sitting in that chair late at night. Lately Danes been really sick (I don't know if it's H1N1 or not) and I've spent much time sitting in that chair worrying about his breathing or if he's going to explode out of one end or the other. Sometimes it's both ends. Thankfully he's coming around. Today he ate an entire container of strawberries. He wanted more but I gave him some oatmeal instead. I also did something I said I would do, I bought Ovaltine to put in his milk. I've been so worried that he's not eating very well and I just bought it. An impulse buy. I'm not regretting it either. Even the girls like it so I'm going to go with it for now. Do your kids drink it? Or do you? Do you think it's a bad idea to start Dane on this? I wonder if he'll drink milk without it ever again.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I drink it sometimes, it is de lic i ous.

It has vitamins and stuff. When I was really sick with pneumonia years ago, I started drinking it. It was all I could drink for two weeks.

FishermansDaughter said...

You're WAY cooler...:) Hope Dane feels bettah soon.

my word is dynas

Mama Goose said...

The shows haven't started at our house yet, but I have very fond memories of performing for my mother!

LOVE Ovaltine. Haven't had it for years. Now I have to go buy some.

Frank said...

I love Ovaltine. I've never been a milk drinker, especially since my mom always bought skim milk (I like 2% or higher), so apart from the occasional bowl of cereal, Ovaltine was the only way she could get me to drink milk.

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Have a piano concert going on in our home this very moment. A duet. One can play...the other not so much. :) Good times indeed!!!

I say go for the Ovaltine. As a mom, you do what you gotta do to get the vitamins and calories in them. Hope you are all feeling better really soon!