Tuesday, November 10, 2009



I don't know why I couldn't make this picture larger. I did try. It's a picture of Dave, his mom and one of his many cousins. Dave and Dane look alike. My goodness.

Dave's mom was beautiful. Everything that I'm not. Tall, Dark and a smile that could leave you breathless.

Sadly, I never got to meet his mom. She died just after her forty third birthday of a heart attack. Dave was twenty three. He hadn't spoken to her in a few weeks. They lived in different states.

I didn't really know my husband then. I was in our I'm avoiding you like the plague stage.

 I can't imagine what he must have went through. I know that to this day, every once in awhile something reminds him of his mom and makes him laugh.

Even though we never got to meet, "Grammy Janice who lives in Heaven with Baby Jesus" She'll always be remembered. Dane shares her birthday on Valentine's Day. Chrissy's hair is the same color and feels like his moms hair. (He remembers how his mom's hair feels to this day) And Marian gives the same looks that his mom used to give. So through the kids he'll always see her.

I really don't know where I'm going with all of this, I guess I woke up today and thought I don't have it that bad and it's time to move on. I did all I could and that's it. No regrets.

5 comments:

KimberlyDi said...

How strange. I was going to remind you how our mothers live on through us and you already covered that fact with this post.

Touching. :)

FishermansDaughter said...

Sometimes it's a big help just to write it out, no agenda. So happy to "see" you writing more frequently.

my word is eming
- 7 letters away from Fing?

Stacy D. Briefing said...

I'm glad your feeling better. You did indeed do all you could do. Way above the call-more than most would have done-certainly more than I would have even thought of doing.

You are an amazing person- I bet your children have a lot of your wonderful qualities too! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't worry, there'll be relapses.

But this is a definitely a good sign.

And you did more than enough; you were nothing less than awesome.

Please don't ever doubt that.

Mama Goose said...

I love it that Dave remembers how his mother's hair felt...

...as I lay snuggling in bed with the boys this morning I hoped they would remember these moments...