Thursday, December 10, 2009

I was hoping to win Mother of the Year

You know, it's not easy to home school your children. You have to put up with certain things that a teacher in a school system doesn't have to put up with. I think it's because your own children know how far they can go. Mine go far. Sometimes too far. It's okay though. I'm determined to do this thing called homeschooling. At least until I snap. Then I might have to spend some time in jail.

This morning we were having a great morning. We were humming through our work. The girls were not pulling each others hair or spitting in each others faces. They were being quiet and reading chapter three and four of Where The Red Fern Grows.

That is when Chrissy told me that Dane was too quiet. I told her to mind her own business and read. It was nice and quiet. I thought Dane was watching Blue's Clue's. Chrissy wouldn't let up. "You know he's into something." "I think he's in the kitchen." "You really need to check on him before he gets hurt." I about snapped. Honestly I told her. Your not his mother. He's fine! DO YOUR WORK AND STOP MOTHERING YOUR BROTHER!

About three seconds later I heard a dish crash in the sink. Sigh.

You know, I've been working hard in the morning to make sure the kids get up early and get ready for the day. They get up and eat. Then they shower, get dressed and brush their teethe. We are good to go in case the Home school police come to see if we really do get out of bed during the day.

So I tell the girls to keep reading then practice their Tin Whistles and I race into the kitchen.







This is what I find. Notice the steak knife?

Apparently you have to be naked to used a steak knife to make yourself a peanut butter and fluff sandwich.


Not only that but you have to get Fluff all over your clean body. Yum, naked buns on my kitchen counter. Do you see that KNIFE!!!!!!!!
When I first came into the kitchen he was licking it.
Nope, no Mother OF The Year Award here.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

And the winner for "Best Artful Placement of A Fluff Lid" goes to

*sound of envelope ripping*

DANE!!

*thunderous applause*

Epic pictures.

One of the first my first blogs (now long gone) was named "Where Are Your Pants?!" After my most often repeated phrase for the first 6 years of both Biggs and Bean's lives.

If only I'd thought to take pictures!

my word is :

phing

Stacy D. Briefing said...

As Crocodile Dundee would say: "Now THAT'S a knife!" Hard to lecture someone who looks that impossibly cute eating fluff in the buff.

As for Mother of the year....Ah well, it's an honor to just be nominated. ;)

P.S. I'll probably be seeing you around the prison yard one day. I'll be the short, deranged chick dressed in stripes. HA!

Mama Goose said...

Oh.My.Word. That is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! You totally have to win SOMETHING due to the fact that you grabbed the camera before you grabbed the knife! Mmmm, warm naked sticky buns on the kitchen counter!! Love it!!