Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oven Baked Beef Stew


I absolutely love this recipe. I have no idea where I got it but have added and taken away ingredients to it for years. This is how I make it this year.
Oven Baked Beef Stew

2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans of diced tomatoes with juice. Do not drain
1 cup of Beef Broth (If you don't have any, just use water.)
1/2 cup of white wine
3 Tablespoons of Quick Cooking Tapioca
2 Teaspoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
2 LBS. of lean stewing beef cut up into 1 inch pieces
4 carrots peeled and cut in 1 inch pieces (Here I just purchased a bag of baby carrots and dumped them in)
3 celery ribs cut in 3/4 inch pieces
1 medium onion chopped
1 16 ounce package of White Button Mushrooms sliced
1 slice of bread cubed

In a large bowl mix the first 6 ingredients the add the rest and mix well.
Pour into a 13x9x2 inch dish and cover.
Bake at 375 degrees for 1 and 45 minutes to 2 hours (when beef and veggies are soft)


I am not a chef. Or a photographer. I do like to eat. I forgot to take a picture as soon as this came out of the oven. I was too hungry.

I snapped a picture of some stew in a bowl and realized that this is the ugliest bowl in the house. I bought these at the Dollar Store for the girls to eat cereal out of. That way I wouldn't care if they got broke.
I hope you try this recipe it's delicious!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

De-licious !

I'll try it !

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Ohhhh that looks yummy! Perfect dish for the cold weather.

P.S
My word is "forkturd"....WTF is up with that??!! I don't even know how to respond to a word like that besides gagging.