Sunday, December 6, 2009

Simon



We have been looking for games to play with the kids. I have to let you in on a secret, a secret that a homeschool mother should never admit to. I hate games. I mean really hate them. I can't sit still long enough to play them. They bore me. I'd rather do laundry. I'd rather get my eyes poked out with needles. You get the picture?
Except this game. When Dave asked where we could buy one, I thought it would be easy. They must still make the. Right? I mean they still make Monopoly (the most boring game of all).
Guess what!? They don't make it anymore. Sure you can still bid on them with EBAY. You can buy one new in a box for $179.00 off Amazon. But I think the most disturbing thought I have about this whole thing is the game came out in 1978. Holy Moly I'm old.

8 comments:

Frank said...

They don't make Simon anymore?? I had one when I was growing up, so they made them at least into the 90s...

...stupid video games ruining everything.

FishermansDaughter said...

There's a similar game out now called "Bop It" that you can get at Toys R Us for $15. Got it around 5 years ago for Biggs and it's still just as good as the day Santa left it under the tree.

My word is

cleynchl

FishermansDaughter said...

PS Likey the new layout!

FishermansDaughter said...

PS Likey the new layout!

carsick said...

Thanks Frank, I'll look for Bop It. I actually think we might have owned it.

carsick said...

Crap, I meant FD. Oh well it's Monday.

Mama Goose said...

That was an awesome game! My niece had a bop-it and I came *this* close to smashing the damn thing!! Seriously, one of the most annoying devices out there. Good luck!

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Never had a "Simon"...guess I somehow missed out on that. Did always enjoy "Clue" and "Yahtzee" though. :)