Monday, January 18, 2010

Over The Weekend

This past weekend we got to do something that I've been trying to do for pretty much the past year!
We finally were able to get together with Mama goose! http://mamaguse.blogspot.com/



Oh what a treat it was. Isn't she beautiful? I've seen pictures of her and her family before but they don't do them justice! Up until this weekend I had never even heard her voice. We had only emailed back and forth. What a voice she has. It kind of took me by surprise. She has what I would describe as a whiskey voice. But not the whiskey voice that come from a three pack a day habit. She has the good kind. I forgot to ask her if she can sing. I might have to hate her a little if she can.
The second thing that you notice is her hair. I just love her hair. While mine just lay there all flat in my headband. Her hair was stylishly parted on the side all full and fluffy. And do you see that smile? She smiles all the time. Let me tell you, there's nothing wrong with her teeth!


You can't even get me started on her kids! This little guy here just has to look at you and your under his spell. Mimi couldn't get enough of him. They all played together well.



This little guy here, he is so handsome, in his handsome shirt, that it won't be long before the little girls start calling. I don't know how anyone could say no to him.




Chrissy didn't think she'd have much fun. But she did. Ice cream rules.
If you couldn't tell how sophisticated we are, I'll tell you. We are at a McDonald's. McDonald's rules! We each drove about a hour to meet at a McDonald's that had an inside playground. The only problem was the playground was outside and it was cold. Oh my gosh was it cold.
So we had a little lunch and packed up the kids and headed another half an hour away to another inside McDonald's playground. This one Mama goose knew it was inside. (Maine in the winter is tough) The kids had hot fudge sundaes and we had coffee. And we talked and we talked and we talked.
Pretty soon the afternoon was gone and it had started to snow. It was time to pack up and head for home.
We had a wonderful time and are looking forward to hanging out again in the near future. Hopefully spring will come quick and we will be able to get outside with all of the kids.
We also want to plan another get together. This one probably won't have any kids and includes a certain Fisherman's Daughter. And booze, hopefully booze.......
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mama Goose said...

Can you feel me blushing from here? But talk about beautiful? Hello! Have you seen yourself? Gorgeous with a side order of infectious smile! Seriously woman.

I was going to write something tonight about our wonderful meeting, but you have far out-written anything I could say. So I'm chiming in with a big fat ass "Ditto"!!!

(But I will post too as soon as I can come up for air. It's too busy at work today!)

Hugs to you all!!

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Isn't it great when you meet someone and they are every bit as lovely and fun as you hoped they would be?! Sounds like a good time was had by all!

FishermansDaughter said...

MaMa yous GORGEZ. You had me at "no kids and draaaahnks"

*hic*