Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Seventeen Years


Did I ever tell you I was proposed to while driving around drinking Peach Wine Coolers? Did I tell you that?
I know I've told you that I hate anything peach. I even hated peach that night. But I drank them anyway.

Today, about noon time, Dave and I will have been married seventeen years. We were even married on a Wednesday. On a much warmer Wednesday than today but a Wednesday none the less.

When I think back over the years I don't remember a time without him. It's like nothing else existed before him. I don't really know when this or how this happened. It just did. When I think about the future he's there. With me. By my side.

And just like seventeen years ago, we had a special night planned for us. And just like seventeen years ago I started my period this morning. Some things never change.

PS. What do you think about that hair!?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

KimberlyDi said...

17 years ago, that was the hair to have. :) Happy Anniversary!

Mama Goose said...

In.Awe.Of.The.Perm.

Congrats on 17 years!!

FishermansDaughter said...

Laughing my ASS off - my honeymoon was the only "vacation" where I didn't get my period. Good times. Congrats on the 17 years and many, many more.

Frank said...

Epic hair.

Congratulations on 17 years...here's to many, many more.

*holds up peach wine cooler*

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Congratulations on 17 years!!! Here's to many, many more!

Love the pic. Yall look so sweet together! As for the hair, 17 years ago we could have been hair twins. LOL!