Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Winter Wonderland


I'd like to say that these pictures were taken in black and white. As you can see though, there is red grafitti on one of the rocks.
We drove home the Saturday after New Years while there was a lull in the weather. The bad weather wasn't do to strike until early afternoon. The ride home only took two hours considering the ride down, this was cake:)

It was kind of gloomy out but some how it was peaceful. Except for the fact that you couldn't really see the road and if you made an un thought out move you'd be sliding in the ditch.

Intresting piece of information (to me, maybe not for you) This is a camp. It's in the middle of the Kennebec River. We are passing it while going across the Fairfield Bridge. It's on a tiny island. I don't think they stay in the winter. In this picture we are only minutes from home and the kids were starting to find their boots and coats. We were all excited to be getting home. My gosh it was good to get home.

I never thought I'd love this place like I do. It's like always having a new painting to look at. Ever changing. I guess that's what life is.
If you have a minute or two, drop by Frank's Blog. You can get to it from my blog roll. He's making and giving away a CD for all who ask him. I haven't asked him for one yet but I'm going to.

3 comments:

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Beautiful photos-It does look like artwork! I marvel at how you can get out and about in that much snow. It's 20 here with NO snow, NO ice and I still dread getting out. LOL!
Just call me,
Wy Nee Butt :)

Frank said...

Awesome pictures, and thanks for the shout-out!

Shoot me an e-mail and I'll get one to you. I'm taking requests through the end of next week.

KimberlyDi said...

Beautiful pictures. It isn't beautiful where I live. It's pretty fugly.