Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Three years ago today, at 8:01am, this little bugger made it into the world making sure I would forever remember the feeling of what a 9lb. 10.02 oz baby felt like coming out of my po po. Pronounced with a long O. I am now doomed to never get another box of chocolates as long as I live. My gift every year is the remembering of my body feeling like it was being torn apart by wild dogs.
And you know what? That memory isn't fading. Every time I think I want another baby, I remember him. A Dugger I'm not. No more babies for me....
On the flip side of that is this. My beautiful little boy, who isn't a baby anymore. A wonderful little guy that just didn't really get what was happening. He walked around today with this look on his face. "I'm happy, I think." Of course it might have something to do with the 102 temp he ran the day before. Or maybe the vomit that reminded me of Poltergeist. I'm not really sure.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

OH NOOOSSS!!! He was sick on his birfday? No fair!! I'm with you on the whole no more bbs out the vaj - Biggs earned his name by being 10+ lbs at birth. That Duggar bish is whack. Srsly. Happy (belated) Valentine's Day honey - if we lived closer I'd share my box o'choc cherries with you. I DID keep them for meh. :)

My word is
KYPLEX

kites infected with herpes simplex?

Nice.

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Ahhh, a Valentine's baby. Happy Belated Birthday Cutie Pie!!!

9lb 10oz....WOW!..And OUCH!!! There'd be NO forgetting THAT! You deserve a medal, or some very generous Mother's Day gifts to say the least. :)

Mama Goose said...

O was 9.6 - I think another 4 oz would have kilt me. You're my hero.
Happy Birthday Dear Dane!!!

(my word is "sumpoop". seriously. too funny.)