Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Meeting Part 3


Kadie will probably hang me when she sees this picture. It's one of those pictures where someone shouts SMILE and gets you before your ready. I take MANY pictures like that.

I've finally decided to finish the posts on Kadie's meeting with SD. Actually I sort of forgot with everything happening around here. I've been trying to decide how much to write and what I shouldn't write about. After all it's really Kadie's story. In the end I've decided to just wing it cause that's what I do.

So to recap: Kadie is getting ready to meet her biological father for the first time. I refer to him as SD (sperm donor) know that I can't stand this person and the only good thing about him is Kadie.
SD and Kadie have set up a time and place to meet and I was supposed to go but was such a basket case that Dave went instead.

So Kadie and SD are supposed to meet in a parking lot that from there go to a restaurant for a bite to eat. That way there are many people around and Kadie won't feel weird. Dave (my husband, for those that don't know) gets there before anyone else. He sees Kadie pull in and park but she doesn't see him. So he gets out of his car and walks over to her. As they stand and chit chat SD and his sister pull in. They get out of the car and everyone introduces themselves (Kadie has previously met his sister) my husband shakes hands and says, "I'm Dave." at that point everyone decides to go to a local place for a bit to eat.

Dave calls me and tells me everything is fine so far and he'll call me later. Actually I think he said you can stop puking now every things okay. From what I understand they all had a nice time no one bashed anyone (meaning my name wasn't brought up at all) and a path was opened for Kadie to get to know SD if she wants to.

Now here's the good part..........

Kadie calls us after Dave gets home from work and I'm grilling her about every single detail of the meeting and she starts to laugh. She said, "Your not going to believe this mom!" " When daddy (yeah she still calls him daddy) was going to get into his car to go to the restaurant SD said "Your boyfriend seems very nice." I said MY BOYFRIEND! No, no, that's my dad! Ewww mom can you believe that!?

Later after we got off the phone and Dave and I were laughing about the boyfriend thing and he said that the thought was incestuous, I high fived him. He said what's that for? I laughed and said,"Here you are forty one years old and SD thought you were her boyfriend!" How many men (unless they are stinking rich) get a 21 year old girl that look like her? You should be flattered. Once you get over the icky factor.

So that concludes my story for today. I now am going to go take a nap and see if I can get rid of this darn cold I have.....
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mama Goose said...

Only in Maine... :)

Glad you're feeling better!!

Stacy D. Briefing said...

LOL! Priceless!!!

I am Barking Mad said...

Stacy is right, absolutely PRICELESS!