Friday, March 26, 2010

PLease let this be a quiet weekend

My wonderful oldest child living at home recently had to do a report on something. It could have been on anything in the world. For some inane reason she picked Jupiter. That was after I told her she couldn't do Uranus. She had to do a written report, an oral presentation, a Three D model and a poster. She got an A grand total. I can't say she did the whole thing on her own. She really needs to thank Mr. College student himself, Grand Master B. If left to her mother to help her, she would have failed. So I owe Grand Master a big Thank You too. Thank You Grand Master B.
Last weekend was so long and busy that Dave and I are both hoping this weekend isn't. But already Dave has to work tomorrow morning and I told the girls they could have play dates that are both potential sleepovers. Why do I do this to us?
This picture will be us again this weekend. Dave out cutting wood well into the night because the day is too full. Sigh. Nothing smells better than fresh cut wood. (I like wood) Hee hee hee hee hee. EXCEPT for fresh cut grass. (I used to really like grass)
My boy really likes being out with his dad while dad is cutting wood. You have to watch him like a hawk. He was in the house with me and I went pee walked out of the bathroom and he was gone. I asked his sisters if they saw him and they said "Who are you looking for?" At that exact time I heard the front end loader fire up and I hauled ass out the door. You can't see behind you in those things and its dark. I almost shit my pants. But as usual Dave had me covered and the boy was with him. I swear that child will be the death of me. A few weeks ago Dave was (as usual) cutting wood and Dane snuck out to be with him and I didn't know he was gone for at least twenty minutes. When I found him he was playing on a roll of wire mesh. Thank God for tetanus shots. Dave didn't even see him outside. I have a feeling that we are in for a long summer.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mama Goose said...

"I like wood". Damn you make me laugh.