Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring?

If I remember correctly, I posted this same picture last year. Only now it's this year and this is a different picture than last years.
What it means though, and I pray diligently, that spring is here. Unless it snows again. And it could. March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.
But isn't this exciting!? Flowers! I love flowers that come up and bloom from the cold hard ground. When everything seems to be wrong all you have to do is see the first flowers of spring. Life keeps moving on, and the cold doesn't last forever.
And my boy, he's loving the outside too. We took a trip to the river and he walked through every puddle of water he could. I didn't let him go down the river bank. I wasn't feeling like a swim to fish him out if he fell in. That kid has no fear. I think it has something to do with his Wisconsin Badgers jacket. How can you be fearful with a Badger on your back? I think it's time to go buy him a pair of rubber boots.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mama Goose said...

OH! Yay!! Now I have to go look in my yard. I have friends whose crocus look like they're going to bloom any day now! Bring it on!!!!

Stacy D. Briefing said...

This winter has really seemed to be longer than most. I'm encouraged by your sign of spring!!! :) I'm with Mama Goose- bring it on!!! Woohoo! :)

FishermansDaughter said...

Green stuff is sprouting in my yard too - spent most of the day outdoors, puttering in the yard. Another winter nearly gone. We made it baby.
((HUG))

Mama Goose said...

BTW, my Early Snowdrops are in bloom!! Thanks for making me check!