Friday, May 28, 2010

Weekend Plans

This weekend we are going to mow the lawn. Gotta love a mower without an engine. She's not.
Working in the garden.
Having a bonfire. As many as we can.
And mowing more lawn. And mowing more lawn after that. Oh and we will will go to the Memorial Day Parade. Least We Forget!!!!

Chrissy left this morning at 5:15am for the annual 6Th grade trip to Boston. We were up at 4:00 to make sure she was beautiful in time. I tried to talk her in to sleeping til 5 and wearing a baseball cap but she wouldn't hear of it. She's a real bear unless she's had a half hour shower. Her teacher assigned homework last night. It was to take a shower and put on a lot of deodorant before coming to school. I can't imagine why. Hee hee Parents are not allowed to go, apparently they tried to run the show when they were allowed. Kids aren't allowed to call and texts their parents and vice versa. You can talk about it when you get home. So I did what any parent would do. I stood in a group of parents with my teeth chattering waiting for her to board the bus then jumped into my van and followed it to the interstate. But before that I instructed Chrissy how to sneak in the bathroom to text me if she needed or wanted to. You won't get in trouble if you don't get caught. So I'll wait through this day until she arrives back in town late tonight all tired from her adventure, make her some cocoa and drive her crazy asking her about her day until she falls asleep with head on her arms at the kitchen table.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

Whoa - thats A LOT of lawn. I'll be thinking of Chrissy all day - she's going to have an awesome time & the weather looks like it'll cooperate too. No big plans here for Memorial Day - just relaxin & hanging at the homestead. What's in your garden this year?

Stacy D. Briefing said...

You've got such a cute lawn service and gardening crew!

LOVE how you showed her how to text you if need be!!! NO contact whatsoever with parents- I would have been beside myself! Well, not really....cause I would have been hanging on to the back bumper of the bus the whole trip there. LOL!

Mama Goose said...

So, how was Chrissy's trip???

I am Barking Mad said...

OK, so I'll never complain about the lawn that we have to mow...ever again!

Hope your holiday weekend was a great one. I miss bonfires back at the old house in Maine. *sigh*


Audrey at Barking Mad