Monday, May 24, 2010

White Mountains

When I go to work with Dave for the day I know (after going many times) that I'm not going to be able to do everything I want to do. After all we are where ever we are because he's WORKING. So he tells me every time I complain that we can't stop and visit or take pictures. Darn his work. It always interferes with my good time.
I was especially nervous going with him this time. My carsickness and mountains don't mix well. I almost didn't go. Almost.
Though I didn't get sick (thank you baby Jesus and good drugs) our time was delayed because of road construction. A lot of road construction. Because of the road construction (AGH!!!) we didn't get to get a bumper sticker that said THIS CAR CLIMBED MT. WASHINGTON. Because we didn't get to climb Mt. Washington, we ran out of time. I didn't even get to have a nice lunch. Blech. (I truly wonder why Dave still wants me to go anywhere with him I complain all the time)
What I did get was some spectacular views of the mountains. I just didn't get to stop and get out of the car to take pictures.
On the way home I was able to convince my lovey to "pull over" (can you say that like Eddie Murphy in Delirious) so I could take a picture of this:
Pretty neat huh?
In case you can't read it: This Sculpture By
GIL WHITMAN
Is Dedicated To The Memory Of
BARBARA & ELDEN HATHAWAY
Owners of the
Bryant Pond Telephone Company
the very last hand cranked magnate
telephone system in the U.S.A.
They purchased the system in 1951
and operated it from their home
as a family business until selling it to
the Oxford Networks Company in 1981.
when it was integrated into the
national dial system.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

Great pics. Bummer that you didn't get to hit Mt. W - if it makes you feel any bettah as a 20+ year resident of NH I've never been up the Mount either.

My word is clastab

Mama Goose said...

What a beautiful day for a ride!!

KimberlyDi said...

Thanks for taking us on your journey! My word is substive.