Friday, June 4, 2010

SSSSSSwimming

Brrrrr. Just looking at this picture makes my teeth rattle. I stood on the shore for about two minutes before I handed my camera to Chrissy and jumped in myself. Well, waded in like a baby and whined about my boobs getting cold. I managed to find a semi warm spot and stood until I could move.
It sure didn't stop Riley, my sisters dog. He played king of the rock! He is such a cool dog. He just loves the kids and follows them everywhere. No one told him he wasn't a water dog.
After we swam we when for a nice boat ride around the lake. At first we just puttered along but then the girls let their uncle know it was time to gun it. Very hard to take pictures while speeding along in the boat. It was a beautiful afternoon. The sun beating down on our shoulders, smiling faces every where.
This isn't a very good picture of this camp. It's on a peninsula and my brother in law told me that LL Bean has used it many times in catalogue's. The next time we go for a ride I'll see if I can get better pictures. He said the inside was wonderful.
Oh I have to tell you what my sister got me for mother's day but I can't right now until I take a picture of it! I was so excited and I still am. I use it every day!
Also, I can't wait for the kids to get out of school. Eight days left after today. Next week Chrissy has her graduation from sixth grade to Jr High. They all get up on stage and sing and dance. They've been practicing for weeks. One day Chrissy came home from school and she was laughing. I asked what was so funny and this is the story I was told.

My teacher was showing us dance moves. (Her teacher is an older lady maybe late fifties with white hair.) And when she was dancing her eyes were closed and she was looking towards the sky with a huge smile on her face. She looked like sunshine.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mama Goose said...

No fair! Take a picture now!!

Looks like an absolutely wonderful weekend on that water. So glad you had fun!