Monday, August 30, 2010

A Day at the Beach

Having made it through two whole days of school, I decided on Friday that we deserved a beach day. So Saturday morning we rounded up some cousins and made the one hour and forty minute trek to the beach.
We couldn't have planned a more perfect time. It wasn't too hot or too cold. The kids played in the water and dug in the sand. Our only incident was when a seagull snatched a sandwich out of my little cousin's hand. He tried to fight back but the seagull had brought friends so I had to step in and shriek,"Baby H, Baby H, Let GO OF THE SANDWICH!" All I could think of was The Birds.
The girls did awesome their first two days of school. Chrissy is settling in and the teachers have said it will take a month or so to really get the hang of it. Meanwhile I have no fingernails left. My fingers will be nubs before it's over. Mimi, well Mimi has a hard time adjusting to new things. In her head she sees how she thinks something should go and when that doesn't happen she melts down. So far no melt downs but Dave and I have had to really cater to her every need to keep it from happening.

I think the biggest thing that's happened is Chrissy and I have had to have SEX talk. That's going to be my next post. Just as soon as I can think of how to write it without looking like a hypocrite.

PS What do you think of Dane's new hair? He cut it twice in a weeks time so my cousin came over and buzzed him about a week ago. New haircut same bad attitude.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Love Dane's new haircut! Cute. Cute. Cute!

Looks like a great time! (Beautiful pics by the way!)

Eleanor : ) said...

That's an adorable picture of Mimi! And I Love Dane's haircut! Nothing like a good old BUZZ!!!

What beach did you go to? Popham?

FishermansDaughter said...

Looks like ya'll had a great day and I LOVE Dane's hair too. Ohhhh, the dreaded SEX talk *shudder* Can't wait to read about it.