Monday, September 27, 2010

Turning back time

Do you ever look back at something you did and wondered,"What was I thinking?"
Pretty much that has been my whole life. Not that my life has been bad or abnormal. (What is normal anyway?)
Take this picture of yours truly. What was I thinking? I'll let you in on a secret, I wasn't thinking. At least not about getting my picture taken. I was actually wondering where the garbage can was and if it was closer than the bathroom and which one could I make first because I was going to puke really soon.
How bout the clothes. I don't even know where they came from. I brought clothes with me but nothing really fit.
I'll tell you a secret. In this picture, I'm not wearing pants. Nope, no pants. Mine didn't match what they put on me. So they said don't bother putting them on. I didn't care. Pants no pants. What did it matter.
What did matter though is in the next set of pictures they were taking of me, which I don't have or I would show you, was me wrapped in yards and yards of turquoise material. I was looking like a pregnant mermaid. No matter what they did, and they did much, I looked pregnant. Very pregnant. Of course I was pregnant. Very pregnant. And very nauseous, bitchy, tired and hungry. I was always hungry. They did have awesome grapes on hand.
They went on to drape more clothes on me and finally decided to go with another picture of me that was taken before I was even pregnant. I did keep this one though to show Chrissy a picture of me when I was eight months knocked up with her. She always asks why they didn't show my belly and I always laugh and say because I wasn't wearing any pants!.

6 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

SO PRETTY!! Love the back story. NO PANTS!

My word is gyncully

*rolling my eyes*

Mama Goose said...

You were pregnant in this picture? Wow. Hot Mama!

Stacy D. Briefing said...

Stunning! Would have never guessed you were preggers in that pic- you look beautiful! Imagine a head/cheeks 10x larger, and red splotches all over your face and bursted blood vessels in your eyes (all from upchucking)....and that's what I looked like pregnant.... lol!

carsick said...

LOL I was so preego in this photo. My face is the last place I gain weight.
Stacy, just so you don't feel alone- within a few weeks of this picture being taken I retained so much fluid that I wore my neighbors size 25 flipflops and they still made marks on my feet. They also stopped me three times from going in labour early because I puked so much.
In this picture I had on soooooo much make up you could have cracked my face with a hammer.

FishermansDaughter said...

I know what today is and just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and sending you big, warm lovie hugs cyberly.

OX

KimberlyDi said...

Want to give you a big hug to get through this time. I used to LOVE Fall but not anymore. It took your mother, my mother, and now my co-worker's mother just this week. Why does Fall have to be associated with loss? My D-Date is 10/4. Monday.