Thursday, October 7, 2010

A New Sport

Marian isn't playing soccer this year. For the first time in six years. This fall she decided to take a swing at field hockey. I can't explain this sport to you. Google it if you don't know what it is. Kinda like soccer but with a little hard ball and a stick with a curved end.
Also a mouth guard and headgear. Which she needed to put on. She really likes it and its closer to home for us. Only eight miles from the house:) Marian also started piano lessons a few months ago and joined everything she could at school. She drives me crazy with her I schedule.
On the other hand we have Chrissy. She's a sideline kinda girl with so much drama Lady Gaga could take lesson from her. But right now my girl is sick and has been all week. Thank goodness they are off school today, tomorrow and Monday. The first three days of school this week were all testing. Monday she hung on all day at school but Tuesday and Wednesday I picked her up right after testing. Yesterday she looked so awful when I picked her up that I drove her straight to the clinic. Double ear infections, sinus infection and fluid in her lungs. She is on her first antibiotic in seven years. But she didn't miss one test! I tried to keep her home all week and she wouldn't let me. She said these tests are important and hard to make up. (We all know what I think of these tests...lol) But she made a very adult decision to tough it out everyday by getting up at 5:15 and getting on that bus riding for 40 minutes and being in her class on time and ready to test. I don't care if she flunked everyone of them! I'm so proud of her....
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

Field hockey is FUN! Sorry to read Chrissy's sick - sounds like she's got an incredible work ethic - love that. Did it stop raining up there yet? It's beautiful here today. Going outside to get some sun.

Mama Goose said...

I'm glad to hear they have helmets and face guards in field hockey now. Back in my day (man, I'm old) we didn't and my best friend got a stick to her forehead to the tune of 20 some odd stitches. She wore it like a badge of honor. Those Hockey Chicks are TOUGH! :) Go Mimi!

I hope Chrissy is feeling better by now! Happy Birthday!

Frank said...

All that illness and still going to school? Goodness...if I had as much as a sore throat, I demanded to stay home from school.

Hell, if have a sore throat even today, I think long and hard about staying home from work...