Saturday, October 30, 2010

Right Now second phase

Okay it took me a little longer than I thought it would but the first coat of paint is on.
I think I did a good job at trying to match the colors. I still have to apply the second coat and the directions say I need to wait eight hours in between coats. I think I'm going to see what happens at the six hour mark. I still have to paint the back of the steps white. I also just read that I'm going to have to keep everyone off the stairs for twenty four hours. I so wish I would have done this last night. Oh well.
You can see all of the dings in the steps and I didn't sand all of the paint off. I only sanded where chunks of wood were missing and where paint was flaking. I'm really hoping the second coat will bring it all together.
It's also a good thing that I have two sets of stairs. I'll take more pictures later after the next coat goes on. I really wish I could take a nap right now but I have so much clean up that it will take me until tomorrow to get everything done that I want to do. So I'll sigh off and talk to you later.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

MamaGoose said...

Oooh! I think it looks terrific! You've done an amazing job - dust and all!! :)

FishermansDaughter said...

Wowza! Congrats - it looks great and you're way more ambitious I can even pretend to be.