Sunday, October 10, 2010

She's growing up:)

My girl turned 12 the other day. It seems like it was just yesterday she was a baby.
It had been such a wild week with Chrissy being sick and activities going on that I hadn't got a chance to run out and buy her any gifts. The girls had off Thursday, Friday so Friday morning Mimi and I left Dane with Christina and went shopping. We were gone most of the day and we may have bought stuff for ourselves too. Not just stuff for the birthday girl. Marian will never tell. She knows a good thing when it's happening. When we made it back to the house we had to bribe a very anxious birthday girl to go upstairs while we wrapped her gifts. Then the hard part came. She had to wait until daddy got home before she could open anything. Once he got home the kids all assumed the birthday gift unwrapping position. I wonder how much weight it will hold?
I hunted for just the right gifts for my newly twelve year old and her favorite gift was from Mimi. Fake fingernails. AGH!!!!!!!
Since Kadie couldn't be with us on Chrissy's birthday we had a dinner the next night and had her cake and ice cream. (We also had ribs that were yummmmmmmmyyyyyyy) But before the dinner Chrissy opened the presents Kadie got her and her gift trumped all of ours.
A pair of gen U wine EMU sheepskin boots. You couldn't have seen a more excited kid!. I personally think they are ugly but I've been told I have old taste.....
Of course she couldn't wait to apply her fingernails and she has already lost most of them but they were fun while they lasted.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mama Goose said...

Awwwww!! Happy Birthday!!


"Old taste" - that totally cracked me up.

FishermansDaughter said...

LOVE it. I have those boots - HIDEOUS - but comfy and wear like iron - my first pair lasted through 3 NH winters including trudging to the barn to milk the cow.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!