Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bean Town

Last weekend Z and the kids took the train to Boston. I stayed home and scraped steps.
I just love this picture. Look at Dane's face. He can't stand it when his sister's grab him.
Z had strict orders to take as many pictures as he could. He took seven.
They had a great time going to the aquarium and the IMAX. I don't like the aquarium. I shouldn't say that. I liked it the first time I saw it and see no reason to keep seeing it every time I'm in Boston. BORING!!!! The IMAX makes me puke. But I could walk the Freedom Trail everyday for a month and find something new and exciting to see. I guess that's why I didn't go.

My fun and their fun are two different funs. Mimi isn't into Museums or art. She just wants to do whatever it is she came to do and be done with it so she can get back home. When she found out she was going to be away from home for two nights she howled like a screech owl. She ended up having a fantastic time.

Little man held them back some. The IMAX movie was only forty five minutes long (they went to see a movie in the afternoon so Dane could nap) and Dane didn't get enough sleep. Sleep is important when your three. I wish I would have insisted that he stay home with me but the girls wanted him to go. Next year he'll be bigger and be able to keep up.
This was Dane's first time on a train and on a subway. The last time I was on a train and subway I was pregnant for Dane. It was a fiasco. But then something always happens when I take trips. Which is why I didn't want to go on this one.
Next week I'm going on a road trip. I'll be gone for four days. I'm nervous and excited all in one.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

MamaGoose said...

Looks like a FUN trip!

FishermansDaughter said...

Have an excellent trip - is it too weird if I say I'll miss you? If it is, pretend I didn't. Can't wait to hear all about it!