Wednesday, December 15, 2010

He's Makin A List and Checkin it Twice

I know it has been awhile since I posted last. Christmas is sneaking up on us here in Maine quite quickly.
As of tonight we finally have the tree decorated. It looks like the tree barfed. Ornaments everywhere. No rhyme or reason. I guess that's what happens when you have kids.

In my dreams I thought we'd all be decorating the tree while singing CHRISTmas songs and drinking cocoa and eggnog. Instead the tree has sat bare for the past week. Today I said enough is enough kids! Now get your darn buts in that room and put that crap on the tree. So they did. Listening to Lady Gaga and The Beastie Boys. Fighting over ornaments with their three year old brother until I thought my head would pop off. It probably is a good thing that Mims had basketball practice or I might have started drinking and passed out by now.

I finally think I'm on the mend. I only has to take a twenty minute nap this afternoon. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Kadie is coming over to make some cookies and truffles with me. I can't wait.

Last Friday Dane and I went to work with Z and stopped into Bean. I bought two of the kids new boots. Dane took a bigger size than I thought he would and when I got Mims boots I just got the size she would normally wear not thinking that Dane had to get a bigger size. Of course when we got home Mims boots were too small. I cringed at the thought of having to go to LL Bean on a Saturday 14 days before CHRISTmas. I didn't want to go but Mims does not have any boots. So I talked Kadie into riding down with me. (I didn't have to twist her arm very hard) We had an awesome time. We walked around Bean for a few hours and then walked around all of the squares. We had a really nice time. It helped me get into the CHRISTmas mode. But I will say it was VERY crowded and full of snotty people.

* I didn't finish this post last night, the kids wouldn't go to bed without me going up with them and then I fell asleep. This morning I got up and have a sore throat. I hope this ends soon. Blech.
I have another post to write and will later today. I'll try to take pictures of Kadie teaching me to make truffles. Have an awesome day:)


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

FishermansDaughter said...

Ugh. Sorry you're still feeling cruddy and hope you're better soon. OX