Thursday, January 6, 2011

BRRRRRR

I was supposed to get up early this morning but I didn't wake up until 6:15. Right away I knew it was cold out. Not really, really cold. Just cold. I think its about twenty. I always try to guess what the temperature is before looking. Its a little game I play with myself as I go outside to fill the wood boiler. If I go out and start to fill up the wheel barrel and I can do it without huffing and puffing and my teeth aren't chattering.... It's at least twenty or above. If my nose starts to run its about ten or so. And if I can't
push the wheel barrel full of wood without gasping for breath and my lungs feel like they are going to explode and my bones feel like they are going to snap then I know It's ZERO or below. Those are days that I wished I had stayed in bed.
I went out back (and got snow inside my boots) and took some river pictures this morning. The water looks cold and unforgiving.
On the flip side... the sun looks warm and inviting. Reminding me that summer will come back to us. We just have to get through the rest of January and February. Hopefully no freak snowstorms in March.
I hope tomorrow morning is as beautiful as this morning. If it is I think I'll bundle up and grab a thermos of coffee and go sit by the river for some morning alone time.
Have a great day everyone. The sun is shining and life (even with the bumps) is good.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

MamaGoose said...

What a beautiful morning!! You're so lucky to live in such a gorgeous place!!

FishermansDaughter said...

The calm before the storm.