Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Feeling Blue

This morning I got up extra early. I was up at 4:45 AM. I wanted to warm the house up before everyone else got up. Do you think they thanked me for it? Nope, not at all, not one tiny little bit.

Then Marian reminded me that a friend was coming home on the bus with her and staying until basketball practice. She then proceeded to tell me that I needed to not be lazy today and clean the house. (Yes she did) That girl takes after her dad all the way.

Christina, during this time, called from school and couldn't find her math or science books and folders. I had to calm her down because she was freaking out. I knew they weren't here because I picked her up from school on Thursday during second period and brought her back for last period to take a test. She didn't bring home any books. Friday was a snow day and Monday a teacher workshop. None the less I spent a half hour searching through all bags and backpacks in the house. I didn't find any books but I found at least four toothbrushes, one lunchbox with rotting food, six party invitations (that I knew nothing about, and the kids say they never get invited anywhere) three pair of blue jeans, various shirts, hats, gloves and mittens that have been missing since, I think, last winter AND underwear. Then Christina calls from school. She's found her books and I won't have to call and tell her teachers after all. Like I was going to.

Dane gets up this morning and I was ready for him. I made him his favorite steel cut oatmeal or as he calls it-oatmilk. I had it already with a fancy napkin and a big glass of water. Do you think he was happy? No, not Dane he wanted Cocoa Coughs! (cocoa puffs) and it's been all down hill from there.

Trapper ripped an insole from my new LL Bean shoe boots and chewed it. I snarled at Z and now he's not talking to me. The cats keep trying to get into Jonas's tank this morning and kill him. What more can that little fish take? Already he's paralyzed on one side from their malicious attacks. I promised I'd keep him safe. I think the only place at this point he'd be safe is in the toilet.

I went out into the barn and found a bird frozen to death. How much more can I take!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Aaaaannndddd to top it all off my sister is on a plane heading for Afghanistan. Suck city folks. Suck city.

On the flip side of all of this...... Its only 8:43AM. I can pick myself up and make something of this day. And I think I will.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

My kids TRY to pull crapola like that on me it's an instant time out. Reinforce, that is no way to treat their Queen! Works too, mostly. I may not be work outside the home, but I am NOT a member of their staff. Sometimes, they forget. More from Queen Obvious? January is almost ovah. REJOICE!!
Hope your day gets bettah. Glad Z made it home.

MaineFarmGirl said...

Maybe it's time for a "Mom's on Strike"??? :)

Mama Goose said...

Sounds like you're having the same kind of day (week) that I'm having. Hang in there sunshine.

BTW, really cute pick of you and Chrissy... :)

carsick said...

Lol Nell- thats my sister with Chrissy:)

FishermansDaughter said...

Holy !@@ Thort that was you in the pic with Chrissy too. Wow.

my word is pethried which is a bit less than peFOURED - just a guess.

Mary said...

I really hope the day got better for you. The only thing I can promise is it gets easier as they get older. Have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary