Tuesday, February 22, 2011

You know its vacation when.....

Your son gets sick right as your deciding to go to North Carolina. Instead of taking your son to the doctor (you know that pesky no insurance thing) you decide to wait it out and see. And maybe I waited it out just a tad bit too long and he ended up with two double ear infections. Where if you would have sucked it up and taken him when he first got sick it would have been a normal ear infection. If only he would tell me when his ears hurt......Since he only has been on one antibiotic we don't know if he is going to have the same allergies as his sisters have. This means that for forty-eight hours someone has to stay awake and make sure he doesn't have an allergic reaction. Thank goodness we nixed the North Carolina trip.
I asked the doctor to give us an antibiotic in the pill form. All the other kids could swallow pills by their first birthdays so why wouldn't he be able to? That was my very first mistake. We spent more time fighting trying to get that damn pill down his throat. We lost an entire days worth the first night because he kept spitting them back at me. It was ugly I tell you UGLY. By the next day I thought I'd be slick and open the capsules and sprinkle the stuff in applesauce. Which probably would have been fine if the medicine didn't taste like a cross between cat pee and pesticides. After trying to hide this in several different foods, Dane stopped eating anything I'd make for him.
Sunday rolls around and I called the doctors office where the lovely and understanding resident calls us in a prescription for a liquid.
Which Dane gives a thumbs up to.
Not really we posed him this morning for the picture. I have to bribe him with Popsicles at every dose.
A mother has to do what a mother has to do.
Sunday night Z and I thought we'd finally get a decent nights sleep. After all, Dane cried all night Thursday night, I had to stay awake all night Friday and Saturday. (This wasn't hard to do because Dane moaned and groaned a whole bunch. Not to mention the one time I fell asleep, only for a minute, and he got up and went into the bathroom to pee and peed in the cabinet underneath the sink) It wasn't hard to stay awake. So Sunday I made a fab dinner and got the kids in bed early and Z and I went up to bed and fell asleep right away only to be awaken to the sounds of retching. Now Marian has it. And as usual I'm taking the wait and see approach but this time I keep saying if your ears feel funny you let me know right away!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mama Goose said...

Ugh. I hope everyone is feeling better!

FishermansDaughter said...

Oh. NO! Sending shiz tons of healing energy your way.

My word is: glyche

I pronounce it
glee-shea

Love for cliche.

FishermansDaughter said...

Checkin in to see how it's goin