Thursday, April 28, 2011

Traveling with Z

Yesterday was Z's birthday. I can't tell you how old he turned because that would mean I would have to face the fact that later this year I'll be that age also. I just don't want to think about that.

Dane and I were going to stay home and bake his cake and make him a wonderful chicken dinner. Instead we hopped in the truck and went to work with him. He had to go all the way out to Norway. Normally I would be very scared of this ride. The hills and turns are enough to make this girl puke for days. But seven (or so) months ago Z bought a truck and when I'm in this truck I don't feel so sick. I don't know if its because I'm sitting up high or what. I don't even care as long as I don't lose my lunch.

I also found something out yesterday. My husband told me he really likes it when we ride along with him. When I'm not puking of course.

On the ride home I stopped for an ice coffee. I said I'd drive so maybe the Z man could catch a few Z's. After all I wasn't home to cook dinner and now we had to go to eat. (I really didn't plan that) Funny thing though, the more I slurped down my coffee the more I chatted. The more I chatted the more I pointed out things. Like how lovely the clouds were as I swerved in the road. The trees were started to get green on them and I may have been paying too much attention to that and drove a little bit off the road. I don't know why it made him make me pull over and stop.

He then took control of the wheel and I still proceeded to talk his ear off the rest of the ride home.
I hope you had an AWESOME birthday Z. I love you very much.

1 comment:

Mama Goose said...

Sounds like a great day!